Evan and Annabeth both loved the zoo. We let Annabeth walk most of the time and she just took it all in. Evan has always loved the zoo. When we pulled into the parking lot, he shouted "there is a zoo here?" (We didn't tell him where we were going, just that it was a fun surprise!) He can read only a few words, but ZOO is one of them! lol We rode the train and Annabeth waved at everything we passed! and saw the new exhibit there about the African Rain Forrest!
It was awesome! There were tiny monkeys running right under our feet and birds and bats and all kids of fun stuff...all where you COULD touch them (although, you're not supposed to). I took tons of photos. I'll try to upload some in a bit, if not, I'll do it tomorrow!
Both kids got their first ride on the carousel. Evan has never wanted to ride, but this time, he begged and we caved! We got settled on a rhino and just before the bell rang telling us it was time to start, he started to freak out! He wanted to get off and I refused! ;) I told him I'd stand right with him and he'd love it. The ride started and his first few up & downs he was leery (that's the first carousel photo), but after that, he was on cloud 9! He ended up riding 3 times and I let Annabeth ride the last time, too! After only a few seconds, she was pushing my hand off her cause she wanted to d
o it herself! Lots of "wheeees" and "ooooohhhhhs". It was so great! Poor Annabeth could have rode that thing all day! She kicked and screamed when her ride was over. Nick took some pics of the carousel rides, but ick, they were bad! lol I hadn't been on a carousel myself in forever! Either way, those photos proved I LIVED today!
o it herself! Lots of "wheeees" and "ooooohhhhhs". It was so great! Poor Annabeth could have rode that thing all day! She kicked and screamed when her ride was over. Nick took some pics of the carousel rides, but ick, they were bad! lol I hadn't been on a carousel myself in forever! Either way, those photos proved I LIVED today! Annabeth never napped all day. Not even in the car much to my dismay. SO we put her down around 6:15 and she didn't make a peep. I"ve done two loads of laundry and even fit in some ORGANIZING this afternoon. I cleaned out and organized my glove box in the van and sorted thru Annabeth's closet and pulled some things to send Steph. Phew! Glad I got that in! Nick is reading to Evan and then we're all hitting the hay! It's been a totally exhausting day, but worth every exhuasting minute! Did you LIVE today?
3 comments:
Wow, what an awesome day! I know what you mean about just needing to get out and DO SOMETHING AWESOME even if the timing is not what you think it should be in a perfect world! Those are GREAT pics of you guys on the carousel (go NICK!)!!
Yep, Evan looks less than thrilled, he he....great photos though and it sounds like it was a blast!
I'm so upset because we had plans to go to Tulsa Zoo the same day but Dani woke up with a fever!!! That would have been awesome to run into you guys there!
Post a Comment