Last night's crop was fun. I met up with Peggy and Allyce. We cropped for only about 3 hours or so, but I was happy with my time there. I got some new scrap toys and finished 3 layouts (well, the base of 3 layouts. I had to add some finishing touches to them today.) I took my ribbon bag with me for Peggy to see and I know 3 people bought one that night after seeing mine! LMAO I also sold 3 of the rub on tools. Maybe I should go into sales?
Steph and I talked earlier this week about my birthday present. She wondered what I wanted/needed, and I said nothing. lol She decided she wanted me to have a 12 x12 frame for my favorite scrapbook layout of the month to go on my mantle. I found one at the LSS and called her with the info and she bought it for me on the spot. Saved on shipping and it was in my hand right then. I couldn't wait to get it home and fill it and add it to the mantle. She also purchased me the new Basic Grey rubon tool. I already had one purchased to send to her for Valentine's Day and she refused. She bought one for herself, too, which I will hand-deliver in March when I see her! (OMG, I can't wait!!!) Anyway, here it is, in all it's glory! Right next to my word of the year which she found and told me about. Thanks so much, Steph. Love ya! :)

I got out early this morning and ran some errands. I hit the post office first and finally mailed off my scrapbook donation box to a worthy cause. I still have a large box to take the women's shelter, but they only accept donations M-F and that's hard for me. lol I will get it there before the end of the month, tho! I sorted some more stuff to send to the board auction and now, just have to make a few things to add to it. I'm trying to get the last of my organizing done in time for February to get here.
After the post office, I headed to Kohl's for some much needed retail therapy. I was on the hunt for Nick a few more dress shirts. He had to "retire" 2 this last week and was needing some. I searched through lots of clearance racks and found him 4 new shirts and a new tie, although I'll be returning two of them-maybe only one.... I got myself 3 new tops (also on the clearance racks) before Nick called with the old "I'm hungry" bit. I picked up lunch from Applebee's (thanks, Mom, for the gift card) and headed home.
This week will be a long one. Nick leaves for his travels and I'll be bored to death without him.
{Insert husband brag here}
Nick really does a lot for me, and this week was no different. I left just as he walked thru the door on Friday night for the crop and he stayed home and put the kids in bed. (I was home before 9:30, tho!) Then this morning, he stayed home (by choice, he's not a shopper!) while I ran into town for the morning. I was feeling kinda blah this afternoon and he let me go lay down while he made the kids something to eat. I felt better after about 45 minutes and came back out. He even made dinner for me! {insert gushy, mushy heart emote here} What a man! What a super, sweet, generous, loving man!
Ok, that's enough for now. Hope everyone is having a super Saturday night!
3 comments:
Wow, sounds like you had a busy 2 days already. Love the layouts...great work.
His mother brought him up right. Husbands like that are few and far between!
I know you are so glad to have Nick! Being apart this week will make you appreciate him even more than I know you already do - I know I miss John so much when we are apart! Hopefully the week will fly by. You know I will chat with ya during the day so maybe that will help some. :)
I absolutely LOVE the mantle - so glad you were able to find the "LIVE" decor and also glad you are happy with the 12x12 frame! I just love that LO and doesn't it just make you feel so warm inside when you walk by it?! I like the idea of changing it out each month - hey are you going to change it out for February with a LO representing "Embrace"?
Can't wait to get my rub-on tool; that looks SO AWESOME and you know I love my rub-ons! LOL!
WTG on mailing off your scrap donations - woohoo! January is counting down and we need to get together this week and encourage each other to finish off the projects and also to brainstorm for February. Soooo glad we are doing this! {{HUGS}}
Wow, the "Be Jolly" LO is totally fab! Isn't that sketch awesome?? Love the title on "pacifier drama" - too cute! And Asher is actually in his Superman costume from Halloween '06 right this second! ROFL! He decided to dress up in it this afternoon and he is busting the seams!
Can't wait to see you in 35 days!
Post a Comment