I've been talking to Steph this morning and we were talking about our "word of the year" that we both chose. I think it hit us both at about the same time, that we needed more. Although we want to keep our big word, we wanted smaller words, that were more focused for each month. That way, each word would seem more attainable and we could tie it in to our BIG word of the year. We felt like having a"buddy" would help us be accountable and help us make sure to use that word all month long. We spent some time brainstorming for the perfect words for each month. Carefully thinking out seasons and goings on for that time of year. And we have a list! I'm not going to share the whole list. Just the OLW for each month as it comes along.
Our word for January is ORGANIZE! It's funny, we both knew instantly that should be our January word, and luckily, we have both already been organizing before we even knew it was our word. I've been sorting thru my scrap stash, making piles to donate and sell and trash! I've reorganized Evan's closet and my scrap closet, too. Mostly shifting things from place to place, but all in all, finding a better place for things. I've got a big pile to donate to charity, too. My next job will be the purging of toys. Evan & Annabeth had a very Merry Christmas and both got so many new toys. Although we have the room, I feel like we could just donate some of the old ones. There has to be someone who needs them, right? My biggest goal for January, using our OLW, is going to be to 1) purge toys and 2) purge scrap supplies! (I see some RAKs in the future!)
Thank you, Jessi, again, for the inspiration with your OLW and thanks for Steph to being my "buddy". I love you, girl! This is going to be a great year!
2 comments:
SO what is your BIG word? Did I miss it or is it a secret?
Great work for Jan....couldn't think of a better one!
thought I already left a comment -- anyway will email you the list soon and I am way excited too! love you and so glad we are doing this!!!
Post a Comment