Saturday, January 5, 2008

Saturday= Garage Sale Day

Arkansas is the garage sale capital of the world, I swear. The weather is so nice most of the year, we have a good 10 months of garage sale season. All that fun aside, today my one-and-only local scrapbook store held it's very own "Scrapbook Garage Sale" today.

Back up 12 hours. Last night, I had a wonderful "me" night out with my friend Allyce. I hadn't seen her since October and have missed very much hanging out with her. But we've been busy. I'm pretty sure it's the time of year! haha We met at the Olive Garden and had so much food. I ordered calamari (YUM) and then spaghetti on top of bread sticks and salad. It was sooo good! And thanks to my mom for the gift card which made it FREE! :) As we were waiting our 45 minutes for a table, we were catching up chatting. She mentioned she had reserved a table at the scrapbook store for today's Scrapbook Garage Sale. I asked if I could bring a few things to add to her table..if she had room? Of course, she said yes. I wasn't even sure at that point if I'd get anything together. After all, it was only 12 hours away and I needed to be sleeping at least 8 of those! LOL

I woke up this morning at 7 am. Couldn't go back to sleep for whatever reason, so I got up and started looking thru my scrapbook stuff to see if I had anything I was willing to part with that I thought would make money. I could've taken a whole pile of things, but I decided on a number (that's really been working for me) and went with it. I ended up taking 20 things, not even knowing if I'd sell any, but I did. I didn't even sell half of my items, but I sold the three most expensive things and I made $132!! YIPPEE!!! It's not cash, it's scrapbook store credit, but hey, I can do that!

We even played outside today. It was 60 degrees and beautiful! Nick and I spent over an hour putting together Evan's new sand box digger he got for Christmas. (It only had 8 screws, gees!!) I took some pictures, but haven't uploaded yet...maybe tomorrow.

I'm tired now, but my two trips into town was worth it in my opinion. I even made a side trip to Gymboree and picked up a whole bag for things for pennies! Wow, what a day! I had hoped to scrapbook today, but tomorrow is another day! Happy Saturday night!

3 comments:

Scrappy Gal said...

Oh so B can go into Gymboree and get a new wardrobe with all the pennies he's collecting? lol

Sounds like a GREAT dinner out, jealous. I love the Olive Garden (and I just went 2 weeks ago, but I really could go daily)!

Hooray on the money you made parting with some older sb stuff too! That always makes me feel good!

Stephanie said...

Yum, Olive Garden - my fav too! And we happened to end up going yesterday when we were shopping, LOL!

Good for you for getting rid of 20 things. Even though you didn't sell them all - just put the rest in that donate pile! Wow you made some big money only selling 3 things! What sold??

Too cool that you saw my mom. Wish I lived closer to you both.

Kelly said...

Wow, way to go on the selling!!! You are so good at that. I really need to pull things out and do the same. Enjoy your Sunday!