My last blog was on Monday. Man, so much has went on since then. Monday afternoon I received my new new scrapbook kits from the scraproom and spent a little time in my scrap room. I still have yet to take any pictures of my layouts, but they're done anyway. Then, Tuesday afternoon I spent nap time on Evan's timeline for his school project. I'm going to let him help, I swear! bahahahaha
Then, about the time Nick got home, the storms started. We had just sat down to watch the big football game when the weather guy broke in with radar that looked BAD for us! We switched back and forth to the game, but spent most of the night watching the weather and the horrible tornado outbreak that struck our area. Around 10 pm or so, the sirens started going off here. I HATE this kind of weather. I HATE tornadoes. I HATE living in tornado alley. I do not mess around with them. I scooped up both sleeping kids and took them into our bedroom closet and let them continue to sleep. I came back out to watch the radar with Nick, but after only a few minutes, little Annabeth's curiosity got the best of her and she came waddling out to us. Since she wouldn't stay in on her own, I volunteered (haha, that was an easy decision) to go sit with her in the closet. It didn't take long before the worst of it had passed us and we put both kids back to bed with no damage to our house! Thank the good Lord for that! We ended up missing the entire football game. I was totally bummed to have missed it, but so glad LSU pulled it out! Geaux Tigers!
So this morning, I get up a little early, shower and get ready for the day. Everything runs smoothly UNTIL I open the garage door to leave. Nick had left just a few minutes before me, so I didn't think anything was off. But when I pushed the garage door button, I noticed the door didn't go all the way up. It was close, but I still couldn't back the van out, so I pushed the button again. Gees, something was wrong with the door. I was able to back my car out, but then couldn't get it back down for fear of damaging the door itself. I called my neighbor to help since Nick was already gone and stuck in traffic. Dallas (the neighbor) came to look at it and quickly said I needed to call the garage door fixers. It wasn't something he could fix. BUMMER! He did help me close it as much as possible and I hurried to get Evan to school-now running 10 minutes late! On the way, I called the Garage Door Fixers whose name was listed on my garage door. They said the soonest they could come would be tomorrow and he couldn't give me a time of day. *sigh I said ok, I guess. I made it to Evan's school on time! yay! After I got him there safe and sound, I thumbed through the yellow pages to try and find someone who could come today to fix the door. I called one guy. He said he'd be here this afternoon AND it would half the price of the other guy for the service call. He should be here any minute now. I'm just praying the door wasn't damaged and I won't be needing any new parts.
I'll update again after the Garage Door Fixer comes! Happy Hump Day!
*************UPDATED*******************
The Garage Door Fixer came and left after only about 10 minutes. The garage door is working fine now, thank goodness. I spent the rest of Annabeth's nap time finishing the layouts for Evan's timeline. I did finally finish them and now only have to put them in page protectors and brad them to the foam board. Then, I'll have to do some decorating on the foam board itself to make it presentable. haha I'm hoping for the shock and awe response when they see it! Tomorrow will be a busy day for us. I'll try to update then!
3 comments:
Whew! What a whirlwind - oh seriously no pun intended - of a week you have had. Sooo glad the garage door man was able to fix your door quickly and I assume for no more money - yaahoo! I am also so glad you guys suffered no damage with all of those storms. I hate tornadoes, too. *shudder
Love ya bunches and hope your day today is UNEVENTFUL in a good way.
Oh, you know all the cleaning out I have been doing in my scrap stuff? Last night ironically John told me that one of the ladies he works with that came over to scrap that one time said I "inspired" her and she has purchased herself a few things and is making a small album for her grandson! I was like, I will totally donate this huge box of stuff I have because it would be like gold to someone just starting and who can't spend a lot on supplies! I feel good about that!
Wow, busy lately! Yep, we've had to put in a new garage door, not cheap! Also had them fix them before, sometimes it is such a minor thing, but amazing how it can be so huge when we can't get out the door, huh? Very trapping, lol. Glad it all worked out!
where is your update on thursday? :) wondering how annabeth did at the doc.
Post a Comment