Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday Morning Blog.

Blah. I hate Mondays. I think I say that every Monday, but it's true. This morning was espescially hard. Evan is starting to get sick. He was up all night coughing. His nose is runny, but at least it's clear. Today was his big day at school for him to present his timeline. He was so excited to show all his friends his timeline. I didn't even make it in the door before Mrs. Amy, his teacher, said "ok, so show me the fancy timeline." ROFL I can't help it, how many times do I have to say that?

We didn't do much this weekend. It was so nice for a change. We went to Sam's Club on Saturday morning and then I took Evan to the movies to see The VeggieTales Movie-The Pirates who don't do anything. It was cute, but not at all what I expected. We met up with two other moms there and kinda made it a mini-playdate. We all watched the movie together and enjoyed popcorn and candy, just like you should do at the movies. Then we took the kids outside at the little playplace there at the mall to play for a bit. It was cold, so they didn't get to stay there long. Either way, it was fun and a nice change of pace for us. Nick stayed home with Annabeth as it was her naptime.

I worked that afternoon on some ORGANIZING. I moved my ribbons from my old, floss-card way of storing them to my brand new, PINK ribbon organizer that I picked up Friday night.


Back up to Friday night. I was supposed to go play BUNCO and they called right as I was walking out the door to cancel. BLAH! I called the scrapbook store to see if they had space at their crop. I knew my friend Allyce was going, but I had prior commitments with BUNCO so I was skipping it. I ended up throwing some kits in a bag and going. It was fun and I finished 3 pages. So now, I'm up to 14 of my 250 goal for 2008! The night wasn't lost after all!


Sunday morning we drove to Fayetteville so we could go to Target. They had Mt. Dew on sale and we needed a few things anyway, so we made the trip. We were home by lunchtime and Annabeth's naptime. Once we got her down, I scrapped for a few hours while Nick played video games with Evan. Those two and their video games.....

We had both kids bathed and in bed by 7:15. With Evan fighting a cold and Annabeth skimping on her nap, it worked out great. I'm working on planning out the rest of the week and doing some laundry while I wait to go get Evan. Who says I don't work? I put in one 8 hour day every week in the car JUST taking Evan back and forth to school. It's exhausting, really. Maybe an ealry bedtime for me tonight!
Hope everyone has a Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Your LOs look great! Way to make something happen even when things didn't go as planned - that's LIVING. So how did the timeline go?? Did you stay to help present it? Or did you go back earlier at pickup time to do it? How long does it stay there before you bring it home?

Talk soon!