Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wondering where I am?

Well, my kids are sick. That explains it, right? It's been a tough couple of days. Evan started with the sniffles on Saturday. I figured he caught something at the playplace at the mall when I took him to the movies. It was a few days later when he started coughing. I knew the coughing was just due to all the drainage. Either way, I'd been medicating him as best I could and hoping it'd get better. Last night, he started telling me his ear hurt. When I questioned him further about it, he couldn't tell me which ear hurt. He got no sleep last night again (neither did Annabeth), so this morning I opted to keep him home from school and medicate him again. After a few hours of listening to his horrible cough and after he got sick from all the coughing, I decided to call the doctor. I took him to the local clinic and they diagnosed him with a double ear infection! UGH! Poor baby! He cried when they started to look in his ears/nose and throat. I had to help hold him down. I got an antibiotic for his ear infection and am waiting on the doctor to get back to the pharmacist on the cough medicine. He napped today for a while and he needed the rest!

Annabeth also has the cough and runny nose. Her's seems to be getting a tad worse, so I'll probably have to take her in tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to that. But I know Evan will be feeling better with the antibiotics and I don't want them passing it back and forth.

I finished my big toy organization project. Well, the sorting is finished. I still have to take them and donate them to the local shelter. It feels good to have that done. I also reorganized my whole brad/eyelet storage system and am thrilled with the result! It just kinda came to me after I put half my ribbon in my new ribbon thingy. It left me with an empty storage box to work with. I got 3 new layouts done and a card made, too. Plus, 4 hours of American Idol over the past 2 days. It's been crazy and I've been too tired to much of anything else.

I'm starting to do the planning for an online crop I'm helping with this weekend. I hope to get some more scrapping done as I want to be ahead for the year if possible! Maybe it'll mean less pushing myself in December! lol

I'm waiting for Nick to come home and rescue me today. It's been a long day and I've missed him! Hoping to cuddle on the couch and turn in early tonight. I hope I have a better update tomorrow! TGTF!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know you know about the otc meds for kids....I hope both are feeling better today. Got everything taken care of for the crop weekend.....wooo hooo!!!

Stephanie said...

I know you have had a rough week, esp these past few days. Have a blast getting "away" in your scrap room and doing the crop!!