Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend Whirlwind.

Yep, I was busy this weekend. I woke up early Saturday morning on a mission for a haircut. I was trying really hard to hold off until June so I could donate my locks to charity, but I just hated my hair. I went without an appointment and waited for my turn. I got a young, chipper, girl and I just told her what I had in mind and she went with it. After she was finished with the cut, I asked if she could do an eyebrow wax for me. She, of course, said yes and I switched chairs and had my eyebrows waxed for the first time in 12 years! I love the new cut and I let her straighten it for me, too. So here it is, although, I won't keep up the straight look. Too much work. Not enough hours in the day.
I come home to surprise my family with my new look and we quickly go into "grocery shopping mode". (They loved the hair, BTW.) We all loaded up and went to Sam's Club for some bulk shopping fun. It was already 10:30 by the time I got finished with my hair cut, so we were in a mad hurry to get back for Annabeth's nap. We got a cart load of stuff at Sam's and made it home around noon.

Now it was time for the boys to have hair cuts. I opened "Salon de la Larsen" and cut Evan's hair while Annabeth had lunch and then it was Nick's turn. They both had some serious shagginess going on. lol Once Nick hopped in the shower, I loaded up and went to the hospital to visit Allyce and baby Madden who arrived Friday @ 5:49 pm. He weighed 8.8 and was 19 inches long. He's chubby and bald and so beautiful! I stayed there a couple hours before I came back home to rest!

On Sunday morning, we got up and ready for church in plenty of time. We got home around noon and I headed to the store while Annabeth napped and the boys played. :) I picked up a cute new pair of flip flops for Bethie (which she has insisted on wearing non-stop since) and some new shades for Evan. Really, these are awesome!




Today, the mailman delivered a pile of mail (NO BILLS!!!) and our box from the Christian Book Store. I had ordered Nick and I personalized Bibles and a Veggietales Bible Storybook for Evan. I LOVE my little Bible! OMGosh! It's pink/brown and comes with it's own little bag. Plus, it has my name on it.


The dryer just buzzed me! Laundry is calling.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, I LOVE your cute little Bible! Where are the pics of the other ones though?! :)

Great to read your update of your busy weekend!

Kathy said...

What version of Bible's did you buy? I love the pink and brown!!

Kathy said...

Love your hair!!!

Ginger said...

The Bible is the NIV. I've never been a big fan of that version, but I really wanted the pink/brown one. It's small, too. And it comes in many different colors.

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?Ntk=keywords&Ntt=bible-in-a-bag&action=Search&N=0&Ne=0&event=ESRCN&nav_search=1&cms=1


P.S.Thanks for the compliment on the hair! The curly pics are still coming.

Stephanie said...

Yes, I forgot to add, too - LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair and LOVE it straight!

Scrappy Gal said...

cute cut and I'm loving Annabeth's sandals :)

Peg Miller said...

Love your hair - it suits you! Keep it up. Say HI to Allyce - I miss cropping with you guys!

VegasRPh said...

Hair looks good - I'm due for a wax as well. You think I'm kidding don't you!