It was all up in the air. We were supposed to go, but then Nick got word he needed to stay here for the first day (Monday, the 3rd) for a meeting. I was totally bummed cause we were supposed to leave first thing Monday morning. It was ok, tho, I'd make it. lol So plans were for us to leave by 3 pm, so we could get there in time for the kids to stretch/play before bedtime. Then the weather. UGH! It started to get really cold and they were calling for ice and snow. I knew if we didn't make it out of NW Arkansas by noon, our whole trip would be cancelled since it was supposed to be worse Tuesday morning and Steph was leaving on Thursday morning. I was really sweating it when Nick called me Monday morning with great news. They had cancelled the meetings. The bad weather had kept people from getting in and would likely keep them from getting out on Tuesday. So no meeting! Nick got home in time for us to get by noon and we were on our way!
We made a quick stop in Clarksville at my Nanny's to drop off the dogs for the week. They love staying there and it's so nice for us to be able to travel without them.
We seemed to beat the bad weather to Hot Springs and had a great visit with Steph (and family!). The boys didn't play as well together as we had hoped. EVERYTHING was a competition and there always had to be a winner. The girls were great. The loved each other and played together well. We even got some great shots of Annabeth giving Allie kisses withing minutes of seeing each other again. It was adorable!

We spent time every day at the pool. It was a good way to let the boys exert some energy and boy, did they need that. The girls got in one time with us and they both loved the water. It was great to leave them with their Dads while we took the boys alone. It was much easier and more fun for sure!


On The last day, we took our walk on the Promenade. We've done this every time we go back and it's always a good time. We planned a nature hunt and let the boys carry bags to "collect" leaves/sticks/etc. They had a good time doing that and we made the longest walk we'd ever done. We walked the entire thing all the way down and all the way back. It was totally exhausting, but FUN!

We were planning on coming home on Friday (after a couple days in Little Rock), but the weather had other plans. We went back and forth on whether we could make it out since it started to snow/rain/freeze. I had plans to play Bunco that night, too, but it just wasn't in the cards for me. I missed Bunco, but we made it home later Friday evening. It was a nice trip, but I was ready to be home. I didn't feel good the whole week and we got little sleep. Steph and I did splurge and get 85 minute massages one evening! WOW! It was awesome. I miss that girl so much! ;)
1 comment:
So nice to see an update on your blog, complete with PICS! I have been lazy in that department. Love the LO!!!! Miss ya already!
Post a Comment