Wow! What can I say? I was so torn about Evan's 5th birthday party. Nick and I went back and forth about whether or not we should "go big". For me, I think the 5th birthday is a milestone birthday. He started preschool in the Fall and made some new friends and up to now, he's never had a "friend" birthday party. I was ok with that until this year. I want him to be the center of attention and get tons of presents and give lots of smiles! So, last week, we went to Jump!Zone for a play date and he loved it. Since then, he's been telling everyone his birthday party is going to be at Jump!Zone. I hated the idea of spending so much money for 2 hours out of one day, but I so wanted him to get what he wanted this time and now, it's done! I booked online today and just have to wait for them to call me back to iron out all the details. I'm inviting his friends from school and his cousins and his few friends that are left from our playgroup, too. I hope they ALL show up so he can have a birthday party he'll remember forever!
*Gulp. My little boy is turning 5!!!!
5 comments:
I say go big for 5 too!!! B enjoyed his celebrations for weeks :) Also, I agree, if they really are excited about a place, why not right? It's not like he'll enjoy that when he's 10! Enjoy it and he'll love every minute of his special day!!
I say go "big" for every birthday! We are planning a monkey theme for Zachary's 6th birthday and have invited about 40 people some of which are his school friends. We had separate birthdays for each family up until he turned 4 then we joined the inlaws and oiutlaws and had one big party, his 5th year was the Car theme and this year it is monkies, and to date we have approximately 100 monkies that will adorn our big tree in the front yard with 2 barrels on the deck not to mention the palm trees and other decor. We are having banana punch, banana cookies, bean bag toss, pin the bananas on the monkey game, and weather permitting gunney-sack races. Can you tell I am a excited mommy!? *L* and you are right he WILL remember this....keep me informed with how the planning goes for this and it sounds as if he is excited. There is nothing sweeter than listening to him talk amongst his friends about his plans for whatever it may be. Good luck!!
Every year I say "I'm not going to go big..." and I overdo it and my boys and everyone else, has a blast....and I get the "mommy of the year award...." This past year, I didn't go "as big" and we were all a little disappointed....#5 will def. be bigger! When's his b-day?
Oh we did 4 and 5 BIG!!! You won't regret it and it sounds like Evan is already geared up for it. He'll definitely remember it no matter how many show up! HAVE A BLAST! We're about to have 20 8 year olds at a swim party, ack!!! I'd much rather be back at age 5! :)
I know it will all turn out fabulous! This is definitely a huge year for our boys!
Post a Comment