For the last few days I've been kinda down. No reasons or excuses, just not quite myself. I self-diagnosed the cause and since then, I feel better. Today is Friday. All I can say is THANK GOODNESS! I need Friday and today is going to be a busy one.
I have a mom's night out tonight that, as of yesterday, I wasn't excited about. I guess I'm still not all that excited, but at least I want to go now. That starts at 7:30. Then this morning, I got a call from my dear friend Allyce. Bless her heart. She's had a rough time with her pregnancy and today is the day! Her baby boy will be here today! I'm hoping she progresses quickly and has that baby this afternoon so I can leave here as soon as Nick gets home and go see them at the hospital. I have her second batch of baby gifts already, but wanted to make a special card and decorate the little gift bag I'm taking it in. Plus, I'd like to stop and pick up a balloon to attach to it.
I got some good news yesterday in the form of an email. The scrapbook kit club I subscribe to notified me I had been credited with a referral and I would be getting a free layout kit in my next shipment! Thanks, Julie! :) It was nearly 80 degrees here yesterday so we played outside for a while. I snapped a few pics, of course.




I have spent the last two days purging the kids' clothes. Pulling out the long sleeve stuff (most of it) and making them try on the new summer stuff I have. I did very well. All the summer stuff fit for the most part, so no money wasted this time. Evan and Annabeth both have a closet full of new clothes and I'm excited for the fall/winter stuff to go away. I have two large boxes full of clothes to donate to the Children's Shelter. One of the boxes is just a couple inches shorter than Annabeth and there's NO WAY I can lift it! ha! I feel so blessed that I can take it all to children in crisis and hope to help brighten some one's day.

Last night, we got a bit of a storm. Rain/ thunder/ lightening and some penny/nickel/ and even quarter size hail. No biggie. I can handle that stuff. Although I did get quite a scare while trying to take some pics! I'm a weenie when it comes to lightening! lol Evan was glued to the TV. He has a love/hate relationship with bad weather. He's very interested in it and often uses our big screen like a "green screen" and points out all the cool parts! lol He hides under the covers when the thunder gets too loud and right now, he thinks everything is a "tornado". It is that time of year, I guess. Annabeth was already in bed and actually stayed quiet and calm. The sirens sounded for a few minutes, but we kept our eye on the weather guy and felt safe watching it on TV.
We have no real plans for the weekend. We'll go back to church on Sunday, but Saturday is up in the air. Maybe some grocery shopping and a Sam's Club trip. I hope to finish out the teacher's gift boxes, too.
Enough for now. It's nap time and I have a lot to do today! :) Have a great weekend!
2 comments:
Sounds like you are much better today! That's great to hear. Enjoy your weekend and what a great thing by donating all that!!!
Glad you are feeling better. I know it has been a rough week. Enjoy your night out tonight and keep us posted on Allyce's baby!
Post a Comment