Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What's with Wednesday?

It's Wednesday. Ugh. I don't know how I feel about Wednesday. It means only one day left of school this week for Evan. It means only a few more days until the weekend. It means Big Brother evictions and American Idol results. I don't know. Wednesday is just so-so for me.

I blogged earlier about booking Evan's birthday party. No regrets, yet, but things have changed some. I only booked a party for 20 kids. That should have been plenty since Evan only has 15 in his class and I have about 7 others to invite and I don't count on all of them showing up. But then (dun dun dun dunnnnnn), I drop him off on Tuesday morning and notice 4 new kids there. I ask his teacher for a list of kids so I can make out invitations and she tells me they're up to 26! WTH?? And that number can keep growing before his party in May. That pretty much blows my whole idea out of the water. I emailed Jump!Zone today and asked her to upgrade me to the 25-kid package (for another $50 GAAAAH) and I'm still planning on having a second birthday party here at the house the next week. I just don't see how I can get them all crammed into one party!? Anyway, I guess that's ok. If I can squeeze them into one party I'll be thrilled, but I'm still planning on a small kid/family party the following weekend at our house. I figure we'll throw up the water slide and bounce castle and fill the backyard with toys. I'm planning on a "Fiesta" theme for this one as Evan's been asking for a pinata for a year! lol

I'm almost finished with the teacher's boxes for their end of year gift. I'm making each of them a box of altered/handmade goodies and I only have 2 sets of cards left and I'm quitting. I was asking Nick last night what's with me. Why can I not just stop with the handmade cards and cute box I found? Why did I have to keep going and make a notepad holder, a flower pen, altered clothespin frame, altered post-it-note clipboard and so on....ugh! We came to the conclusion that I'm an overachiever. That's it. lol

I've been busy being busy.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Can't wait to see all their gifts lined up! I want to attempt some of those altered things! (in my spare time, lmao)