Thursday, March 6, 2008

Nick's Birthday Party

Well, I did it! I pulled off the party and it was filled with surprises. Nick says he knew his family was coming, but he didn't. He just suspected it. I did a good job of keeping my mouth shut and keeping the secret. I didn't tell Evan and it's a good thing cause Nick asked him several times. lol He hadno confirmation of anything. I worked with Jennifer, his reservations manager to hide the hotel reservations and had been hiding the party supplies all week.
Friday evening when Nick came home, his Grandparents, Meghan and Mom & Jerry were hiding in Evan's room. We had driven their van around the corner to hide it so he didn't see it. Evan always hides from Daddy and it's a game that Nick always finds him after looking under blankets, in closets, etc. When he opened the door to Evan's room, everyone yelled SURPRISE! Nick's first response was "I knew it."

I made some baked potato soup for dinner and we sat and ate and visted. Then a cherry cobbler for dessert! They all left and went to the hotel and came back Saturday morning for the party. Other than Nick's family members I mentioned before, My Mom, TJ, Kody, Trevor and TJ's girlfriend (yikes!) Morgan came on Saturday. I had a spread of food for everyone. I made a fruit dip with apple slices, hot Taco dip/Tostitos, Pizza Bagel Bites, Chocolate Chip Cookies, BBQ Meatballs and then of course, cupcakes and ice cream.


Nick got a slew of great gifts, including a handmade (by my best friend, Steph) ISU blanket, Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii, A box of Reese's PB Eggs and Cadbury eggs, a new XBox game, 2 gift cards for new games and a wad of cash, too! Maybe 30 isn't so bad, eh Nick?



1 comment:

Stephanie said...

GREAT pics!!! So glad he likes the blanket! WTG on pulling off the surprise!