Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What a day.

Blah. I hate Daylight Savings Time. Hate it. I can barely drag my butt out of bed when it's still dark out. I've had a horrible day. Chief (my dog) is acting all weird-like he's injured so I called the vet this morning right after I got home from taking Evan to school. They said he probably just overdid it yesterday while we were outside and give hime some pain meds I already had for him. That was first on my list. I started a load of laundry, washed up some dishes, then ran the dishwasher. Back in the car for the hour it takes to go get Evan from school. Come home and make lunch for the kids and put Annabeth down for her nap. Then, I dropped Evan's Etch-a-sketch on my BAD foot (the one I still can't move from my foot surgery last April)...from 6 ft high. Left a huge goose-egg (had no idea you could get one of those on your foot?!) and left me in horrible pain. Iwas so bummed. I was going to empty the dishwasher then so scrap for the first time this month. I actually felt inspired and excited to scrap and that went down the tubes quick with a bum foot. I put the frozen peas on it and lay in bed watching a movie while Evan played in his room. Pretty uneventful couple of hours until after naptime. I get Annabeth up, changed and settled in with a snack and went to fold some laundry. I looked over and caught a glimpse of a puncture wound on Chief's leg. I guess when he and Georgia were fighting over the ball yesterday, she won. :( I called the vet back at 4:45 and ran him over there to be seen. They gave him antibiotics...10 days worth! YUCK! I hate days like today.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, what a day! The week after Daylight Savings is so hard. I am so sorry about your foot and hope it is doing better today. Poor Chief! Hope he is doing better, too!

Scrappy Gal said...

Yuck on your bad day! Sorry about your foot, hope it's better now! I hate days like that too, and I think it is always so much worse when thing keep happening when you are already distraught. Hope you get to scrap soon!