Friday, August 22, 2008

We made it!

Week one.....CHECK!

I'm so excited we did it and in great style! lol Evan LOVES school. He has had exciting news every day. Something new and fun to share about his day! He had "homework" on Tuesday and Thursday and thought that wasn't so fun. He learned the Pledge of Allegiance, which I'm so very proud of! He got a good behavior note every day and has enjoyed lunch and recess! He learned that if we get there early, he gets an extra "recess" so he's been pretty easy to get going in the morning. Really, all that is, is they send them to play until the bell rings. The Kindergartners have their own playground and if it's raining, their own little gym to go to, so I've been trying to get him there a few minutes early anyway!

He sampled the school lunches on two days and both of them were pretty successful. When I made up the menu, I talked to him about what they would be serving each day and whether he wanted to try it or not. Today was Pizza Day and he could hardly contain himself. Each day I sent his lunch, he ate every last crumb, so I guess he's not going hungry! lol

Speaking of the menu, it's going fabulous! It sure helps to have it written down and we've stuck to it all week with no wasted money on fast food. Today, though, I'm feeling a little icky and don't feel like tacos, so we'll have to see about dinner! I've gotten some feedback from a few who are using my meal planner idea and love it! Glad I could help!!! ;-)

They have rest time in the afternoon and it's proven to be a problem for my non-napper! He mentioned one day he got in trouble for not going to sleep, so the next day I walked him in to class to talk with his teacher about it. She said he didn't get in trouble, but he wasn't resting like he should be. So we talked about it all week and today, a breakthrough! He says he fell asleep! It's a 30 minute rest time and I was shocked he feel asleep, but happy. It changed his attitude this afternoon and I knew he had gotten up early and NEEDED the rest! So yay for nap time!

It's been a long, exhausting week and I'm so happy to know tomorrow is Saturday. I have another business meeting in the morning, but it won't take long and then I'll be home with my family for the rest of the weekend. No cropping like I had planned since my scrap buddies had to cancel. I'll have to make it up for it next time, I guess!
Leaving you with a cute photo of Annabeth cause everything is funnier upside down!

9 comments:

Kathy said...

I am glad the week went well and Evan never got sick:)

Peg Miller said...

I created a monthly menu for my large brood and it worked for many years. Helped with my shopping list too! Congrats on a successful first week of school...
I read your blog all the time! Sometimes I can't comment cuz I'm at work ;-)

Angie said...

LOVE your blog!!!!I can't help but think to myself how much alike we are. Have no problem accessing it at all, and enjoy every one you send out! So glad Evan had a great first week, Zachary did too, myself I would of rather given birth 7 times over than go through that day again, and the day after was just as teary because of the pictures of his first bus trip.....*sigh*. My eyes were so puffy when I went to work I should of been wearing cucumbers instead of safety glasses.

mama j said...

G-just getting a chance to catch up--so glad to hear this week went well! Sounds like he's adjusted FAST! (Woohoo!) Ick to the pickup line! (I would've been irrate!! LOL!)

I do a monthly menu-for our dinners, too. I found a GREAT easy site, online, that lets you punch in any "event" in a variety of calander forms--let me know if you want the link--b/c you can type it in, print it out and share the links too.

Have a good weekend. I'm hoping to sneak some scrappin' in--wanna join me?

Mom said...

I don't do much meal planning. I go to the grocery store, bring home stuff and then it is up to everyone to decide if they want chicken nuggets or peanut butter.

I love the pic of Annabeth!

Kathy said...

Once again, I love your mom! She sounds so much like me at times!

Scrappy Gal said...

Sounds like a super first week! I'm glad Evan adjusted well! Yeah!!

Stephanie said...

Loved reading your catch-up post to the week. Hope the pick-up line is getting better. Great that the meal planning is going so well and that he is enjoying school. I know that was a big worry, same as me, that the novelty would wear off (and it still might, I know) but for now our two kindergarteners (OMG!!!!!!) are having a blast!!

Kelly said...

Great report for the first week! Woohoo! We have done a monthly menu for years and it is the only way to go...love it! We change it up only if there is a sale on something else that week or we just don't feel like that particular meal that night, but for the most part, we follow it pretty much to a T. I am a planner and have to have things in order to get through this crazy life. ;) Enjoy your moments with AB...that pic is adorable!