That's what this photo says. I got to the school at 3:00 knowing they let the car-riders go at 3:20 and there was no way I wanted to be last in the pick up line. I had no idea what was in store for me. I actually got Evan in the car with me at 3:53 pm. No kidding. I thought I was going to freak out! I made the mistake of doing the pick up line instead of parking and lugging Annabeth the 300 yards to pick him up. Ugh! I'm so new at this! lol I'm sending a note to his teacher tomorrow letting her know I'll be walking and picking him up until the line gets under control! I've said more than once, patience is not my best virtue. :)
Evan said his day was good. He had a good time and loved recess the best. His favorite thing was the swings. You know, the really tall ones that are WAY too big for a 5 year old! lol He was pleased with the lunch I packed him and thanked me for making it because he that the school lunch looked "gross"! He informed me that he doesn't eat pickles and salad-a staple in school lunch menus! haha He seemed excited for tomorrow and went right to bed for us tonight! I just hope he keeps that excitement for the rest of week..and the rest of the year! I was happy he was happy and he kinda grinned for one last picture of his first day of Kindergarten. What a ride!
5 comments:
I am so happy he did not throw up!:)
Oh he looks so tired! I bet he slept like a rock. That pick-up line sounds CRAZY! Hope it isn't always like that as parking and going in especially with the younger one, sucks! As I know from experience, LOL! But then again waiting in line does too! LMAO
Hope today goes just as well for him.
I know it was a long day for all of you but you will adjust. How did Annabeth do without him?
Rainy days will suck, too. That 300 yards will seem like alot more in the pouring rain or cold!
Does he have a girlfriend yet?
LOL
Hope today goes just as well! He looks exhausted in that photo! And, WOW!!! An hour for pick up? Where does Evan stay the whole time until you get him? I couldn't imagine, though I hear that drop off/pick up at our school can be a nightmare as well! I'll find out next week!
Awesome mom! He survived! Mom survived! Now about that traffic *lol*!
Post a Comment