Friday, August 8, 2008

The verdict is in.

and we didn't get the teacher we wanted. I knew there was a chance and it could go either way. I'm really sad. Meagan called me with the news this afternoon and it took all I had not to break down. He has Mrs. Kennemer. Meagan says she's 41 and been teaching for 18 years here in Pea Ridge. My heart sank with every word. On the bright side, the way the rooms are arranged, Meagan will be able to keep a sharp eye on Evan. I'm relieved to at least have someone on "the inside". Some people don't even have that, but I can't lie. I'm totally disappointed!

She called back a little later and said Mrs. Kennemer is her favorite teacher. She said that is who she plans to request for her own little boy next year. So my hopes are up. I'm still excited to meet her and hope I can be a volunteer, even with Annabeth. That was one of the perks of having Meagan for his teacher. She had already said she'd love to have me as a room mom and didn't care if Annabeth came, too. So our big night will be this Monday. Allyce will come stay with Annabeth and Nick and I will take Evan to the Open House to meet his teacher. We'll also take all the big stuff with us. The rest mat, paper towels, tissues, copy paper , etc. No need for him to have to haul that stuff with him on the first day. I still need to get his name on everything, but the supplies are bought and ready to go!

Some good news for today, though. My tap shoes came! I ordered off the Internet and was nervous about the size. It's not like street shoes. They are measured down to 1/8 of an inch! Yikes! I LOVE them! They look FABULOUS! I've never had any like these and I'm very proud!

Annabeth's fit, too! They are the tiniest tap shoes I've ever seen! Her's are tan Capezio's with a Velcro buckle! Too cute for words! I put them on her right after nap. She took the first step on the hardwoods and busted her bottom! She immediately came over to me and wanted them off! Maybe that was bad timing?? Not sure if the floor was too slick or what, but they're adorable either way!
Now, I'm just praying the shoes I ordered for Timeni and her little girl fit! *fingers crossed!

4 comments:

mama j said...

Cute shoes!

Bummer about Megan--BUT, as a teacher and a Mom--and I'm going to have to deal w/ this this coming year--it MAY be a GOOD thing, that his teacher is not one of your good friends. Sometimes "issues" that arise (not seeing eye-to-eye w/ a teacher, your child being picked on or having issues w/ another classmate, etc.) are easier to deal w/ when the teacher is NOT your friend....if that makes sense. I'm going to have several friends, as parents, this year and it could potentially be awkward for me......I was thinking about this, this week, as you've been waiting......Mrs. K. has to be good, if she's been there that long AND if Megan wants her as her child's teacher too--so rest in that and remember--God knows what's best--even though sometimes us Mommies would like to tell Him otherwise! LOL! ;o)

Can't wait to hear about your dance class!

Stephanie said...

I totally agree with mama j. Remember that God knows what He's doing and yes He cares about even the smallest of things. Glad that Meagan would want Mrs K for her child's teacher, that is a good thing.

The tap shoes are ADORABLE!!!!!

Mom said...

Maybe your word for September should be flexible or adjustable as you are not always in control and you have to let go and deal with things.

Can't wait to see you and Annabeth DANCE*********XOX

Scrappy Gal said...

I agree about what Jessi said! It's very difficult to try to communicate your issues or concerns when your childs teacher is your friend. I had to deal with that on both sides....I was really close with B's pre-school teacher and had to really deal with some issues she wasn't handling properly. And, I had a friends child in my class and it's just hard. I think you'll find it worked out for the best.

Congrats on all the company stuff and those shoes are SOOOO adorable!