Wednesday, August 27, 2008

In better hands...

I added a new feature to my blog this week. Some feel good music. I love the first song by Natalie Grant called "In Better Hands Now". Be sure to take a listen!

Since my last post, there hasn't been much going on. At least not much to blog about. We had a low-key weekend, which was wonderful. We knew we'd need it as last weekend was the LAST weekend before the big kickoff of football season. Nick and I are both so excited. Our first game is tomorrow night so we've been counting down for the last week to the big season opener! Yippee for Football and GO CYCLONES!!!!

I've been busy with the business stuff for Tiny Poses. We purchased our business license last week and that was a BIG STEP. It feel so real and we're excited, but ready for the whole Open House thing to be over with so we can just focus on the classes and not running our heads off with marketing and meetings and such. We've had a good number RSVP and a few say they will be signing up for the class for sure, so that's awesome! It's slow moving, but since we're just starting out, it's hard to get our name out there. We're ok with that!

Evan is still enjoying school. He's started actually sleeping during rest time and I've started taking him in a little early so he can get in a first "recess" as he calls it. They let the kids play on the playground until the bell rings in the mornings so the earlier I get him there, the longer the recess. I usually only give him 10 minutes. I just don't feel comfortable dropping him off any earlier. There was a note sent home yesterday that there was a case of chicken pox discovered in the class next to his. OMG! I about freaked out! A couple of kids were sick last week and it could have been that. But so far, so good for us! Still no tears from me. I'm definitely missing him, but I'm so happy that he's happy and still in that trying-to-keep-myself-busy-stage. lol

Anyone who didn't get an email about helping Evan with his very first school fundraiser and would be interested in looking at the online catalog, let me know and I'll send you the info. He's very excited and wants the prize that "costs" 50 items, so we have a lot of selling to do. They have some really nice stuff and over 100 items under $12. They even have discounted magazine subscriptions and they are pretty cheap in comparison!

Pick up line is still horrible. I've been playing it by ear each day. Depending on when Annabeth wakes up form her nap, I decide whether to go park and walk or to go wait in line. It does MOVE faster, but if you want to be near the front, you have to get there by 2:40. Unreal! Drop off is smooth. Evan climbs in the front seat next to me after we make it to the line and gives hugs and kisses, puts on his backpack and goes on to the playground. He knows the way to go and seems pretty comfortable with it.

Annabeth is doing well. She misses Evan a lot and asks 100 times a day where he is. She's SO into babies. it's so cute to see her tote them around and tuck them in for night nights. She even turns on the fan and shuts the door! haha She LOVES Elmo still and is SO smart! She talks a mile a minute and loves to dance and sing. (Anyone know where she gets that from?? teehee) Her new ballet shoes are her favorite and she already knows several steps. It's totally adorable! She's going to eat up these new classes we'll be doing!

A couple of new developments:
Nick is getting a new car. We're not sure what or when for sure, but know it will be soon. We're looking at all makes and models, but know we need a fuel efficient something! lol His 2001 Mazda is having transmission fluid issues and it's just a matter of time before it dies! We for sure want to trade it in before that happens, but we're just not excited about taking on a payment since we have both of cars paid off. That's hard to do!

Nick and I both started Weight Watchers. I started yesterday and he's starting today. I'll be doing the counting of points and Nick will be doing the eating! I feel like it's do-able and we both can afford to lose a few pounds, so here we go. Wish us luck!

That's it for now. Too much information leaves your readers bored! haha
Have a Happy Hump Day!

I'll leave you with my 3 measley scrapbook layouts for August. It's just sad. :(


5 comments:

Kathy said...

My loving Cyclone family,
I put my tickets for tomorrow in my purse, sent all my "myspace" boys a positive note, and I have the afternoon planned out for tomorrow. Just Meghan and I are going. We will eat at Hickory Park. I am so excited!! Rashawn is excited and wrote me to pass the howdy. Go #29!!! May do some new logo shopping we will see. I hope it does not rain. Oh well, no mud to sit in this year!!!!! I am sooo excited to have seats again.

I placed my order for Evan's school last night. I am glad he enjoys the second recess!

The game is on Fox Sports tomorrow night. Look for us in the end zone. Fourth row. Seats 11-13.

Go Cyclones!!

Mom said...

Your life is more exciting than mine. How about working on a rent house! You know the drill!

I love the pictures. Looks like Annabeth has gained weight in her face! Or, her grin is soooo big!

They are going to kick you out of the scrapbook hall of fame!

Stephanie said...

I could never be bored reading your blog! LOL

Always love catching up with you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ginger! Love the layouts and I am so glad to hear how smooth things are going for Evan (and you)! Send me the website and I'll take a look and see if there is something I can't live without LOL!

Scrappy Gal said...

Good luck with WW! Keep yourself motivated and work on getting some daily exercise too! That will help shed the pounds quicker....I know you'll succeed seeing as Nick is on the bandwagon with you.

Sounds like you've been good about keeping busy...hard not too with a 2 yr old really :)