Wednesday, August 13, 2008

USA! USA! USA!

I've never been big on the Olympics. I remember in the past having to watch them because that was all that was on. But as I've gotten older, I find myself enjoying a few of the events. My favorite event is swimming. Hands down! On Monday night Nick and I stayed up late watching the men's 100 relay. I was all calm and collected until that final stretch and then I found myself jumping out of bed and yelling with the crowd. It was amazing! I'm a very patriotic person and I was praying the guys could "smash" the French after their trash talk. So in that last half lap, I couldn't contain myself. lol

I was up late again last night watching more swimming and some gymnastics. I actually fell asleep with the TV on! I feel like I need to cheer on my fellow Americans. Even with all the scandal of the switched out singer (that's just WRONG!) and the tragedy of the Americans killed there, the Olympics have been great. The opening ceremony was AMAZING! China truly wanted to be the best host yet.

Ok, enough about that. Just wanted to post a shout out for the guys and dolls competing for the USA! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love it too! Go Phelps! He is amazing!

Stephanie said...

I finally watched the relay you are talking about. OMG!!!!!!!! How AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

Go USA!

Kathy said...

I do hope you watched Iowa'a own Shawn Johnson. It has been fun watching the news and seeing how she is just a down to earth gal. Valley High in West Des Moines just treats her like the rest of the students. Pretty neat gal I think.