Saturday, August 30, 2008

Good bye, August!

August is nearly over and we have a busy weekend planned so I'm going ahead with my wrap up post. When Steph and I chose the word DISCOVER back in January. I had no idea what that would really mean for August, 2008! It's been a whirlwind this month with anxiety over who Evan's teacher will be, Kindergarten Open House, then school starting and that darn pick-up line! Then I started in with this journey of Tiny Poses. It's been all business so far with that, but it's been an every day DISCOVERY about me and what I am capable of. Now the Weight Watchers journey begins and I am so proud of all of it!

I'll start with Kindergarten. Evan is an amazing little boy. This month, I DISCOVERED so much about him. He's sweet and funny and so smart! I didn't give him nearly enough credit that he was ready for school. I know I wasn't ready, but life isn't always about me (or so I've been told! lol). He loves school and has let his personality shine in his Kindergarten class! I'm so proud of him and I know he'll grow up to do great things. BTW, I think I know one of the reasons Evan wasn't meant to be in my friend Meagan's class. In week one she had a case of head lice AND a case of chicken pox! OMGosh!

Tiny Poses? Well, it's going great. We've completed our marketing campaign and now are just riding into next week and then the Open House is the following week. We've gotten tons of good feedback and already have some kids already enrolled. It's going to be fun for sure and I can't wait for the Open House to be over and just to be able to get on with the class and bringing in some money! Yippee! I DISCOVERED that I am able. I'm able to accomplish anything I want to and I'm happy to be starting this adventure!

I started Weight Watchers on on Tuesday. Nick started on Wednesday. When I stepped on the scale this morning, I DISCOVERED I had lost 3 lbs in 3 days! Exciting stuff for me! I have always struggled with my weight, but have never let my weight define who I am. I'm am strong. I am proud. I am me. Hide and watch, guys and dolls! My goal is 18 lbs! :)

3 comments:

Scrappy Gal said...

What a great productive month you had! Good luck with WW and your business. I know you'll do great with both!!

Kathy said...

You will need some new Cyclone window decals for your new car! Evan can't help but be a smart boy. Look at what great stock he comes from on every side!!!!

Stephanie said...

So proud of you and all you have accomoplished and DISCOVERED about yourself this month! Woohoo!