Last Thursday morning, the day after our blueberry-picking adventure, I woke up with a sore throat. Annabeth had a runny nose and I knew we were in for a long week! My throat was on fire, so I just assumed Annabeth probably had the same symptoms. She just couldn't tell me. I called her pediatrician and got her in the sick clinic that evening. Her doctor was actually on clinical duty that night, so I was happy to see him. He said her throat, chest and ears looked perfect, but noted she hadn't breathed through her nose the whole time we were there so he gave me a sample of an Rx decongestant and sent us on our way. For the next two days, we stayed home and laid low. We had to cancel our Friday play date and my Craft Night Mom's night out for Friday night. We needed the rest and needed to get better quickly. Evan started getting sick on Saturday morning. The same symptoms. Blah. We've just kept both kids medicated as best we can and are getting as much down time as possible. My kids are pretty high-strung! lol
Saturday morning was Annabeth's birthday party here at the house. I'll just say it didn't go as planned and I was bummed about it. I had 12 people cancel within 2 hours before the party was supposed to start. I should have known better, really, but I keep trying anyway! I'd say I handled pretty well for me. We ended up with only 9 people INCLUDING the four of us. Kinda aggravated me since I bought enough food to feed 25. Not to mention punch and the goody bag stuff. I guess I'll just save them for next year.
Anyway, the party went good. My Mom and Nanny came and brought TJ and his girlfriend, Sabrina. My Dad made the drive, too. Annabeth loved the opening presents part. And boy, was she good at it! We ended up doing that first cause she just couldn't help herself. She knew those pink, sparklie bags were for her. It was priceless. She got a new trike. Very cute and sturdy for outside, although we've kept it inside for right now. Her little feet won't quite reach the pedals, but she scoots along anyway. She also got a new flashlight that looks and sounds like a horse and she loves it. A new Elmo DVD, a gift sack full of hair accessories, an Elmo sprinkler, some new books, a new Tinkerbell table-setting, an Aquadoodle, a new baby doll and more! She looked adorable in her flip flops and sun dress even though the weather was rainy and cool. We even got to see the ice cream truck! After nap time, we loaded up to go visit Chuck E. Cheese for some afternoon fun!







This was Evan BEFORE eating his Ninja Turtle ice cream:

And after (with an upset tummy!):

Today I'm feeling a little better. Annabeth seems to be feeling pretty good, although she's still fighting a runny nose. And Evan acts like he feels fine, but still sounds congested. Poor little guy! He's so excited for our upcoming Iowa trip at the end of this week and he knows he needs to feel better for us to tackle that!
I'm glad the party is over. Now I just have get rested and packed for our long weekend in Iowa!
2 comments:
OMG those before/after pics are totally priceless!!!!!!!! His expression!!!!!!!!
Sorry they party didn't go as planned, but hooray for you for keeping on with the keeping on and having a good time of it anyway. Annabeth looks like she had a blast opening those presents, love that first pic especially! TA-DA!!!
Nice blue towel as a bib, LMAO. Those are the handiest things.
I can't believe she is 2.....well almost....she doesn't look like she should be 2 yet. lol
Yeah, Evan looks a little green in the face, I can't believe he consumed the whole thing! Yikes!
Post a Comment