We didn't even leave the farm for the first two days. We just played there. Lots of swimming and sunburns and farm "work". Evan LOVED the farm. He warmed up to the chickens quickly and loved collecting eggs and feeding time for them. Steph took Annabeth in to see them, too, but she was too little to really do much. Just look in awe at those stinky birds!
The weather was perfect. Hot and sunny. Perfect pool weather. We did most of our swimming while the girls took their naps. It was more fun for the boys that way. Evan and Asher did very well. By the end of the third day, they were starting to get on each other's nerves a little, but Steph and I were impressed with how well they behaved overall. We can't complain too much! lol

John (Steph's husband) took the boys fishing on the last evening. That was BIG fun for Evan. It was his first time fishing and their little pond was ripe for kid-fishing! Apparently those fish were STARVING for worms! I went down to take pictures and ending up helping John. He couldn't get the worms on and the line cast fast enough. As soon as the worm hit the water, there was a bite! It was crazy! Evan was so excited! He caught at least 6 (honestly, I didn't count) fish. John let Evan shoot their little BB Gun, too. He was in boy heaven! A far cry from our life here in Arkansas, but so much fun for my little guy!



Steph's place was beautiful! The house was so spacious and we had plenty of room and it was nice to be right there with her every day! The farm itself was cool, too. Very hilly and laid out perfectly. She had blueberries/ raspberries/grapes planted. Plus gardens with lettuce/tomatoes/corn and such. Then there were the chicken house, turkey pen and barn filled farm equipment. It was such a good experience for all of us and we're just so glad we went! I would totally do it again! (SURPRISE!!!!) lol
I could spend all day, every day with Stephanie. Really, I never get tired of her! I do get tired of our kids, so once it was bedtime for them, Steph and I had some time together alone. It was fabulous! We thought we might get some scrapbooking done. I even took along my big tote and some other scrapbook supplies, but we never even touched it! We spent our evenings Hot Tubbing and playing "Mario Kart" on the Wii til our eyes crossed! It was a blast!

The ride home was better. Steph had checked me out a book on CD from her library and I had that to listen to. I made a wrong turn in St.Louis and my Tommie recalculated for me, but took me thru the ghetto! I was so scared. I have never been that scared in the car before. I didn't get a picture of the arch like I had hoped. I was too close! ha! you wouldn't have been able to tell what it was I was so close! Ugh! At least I got to see it! It took 13 hours to get home. More stops for various reasons and I was so beat! The kids were, too, as we all slept in this morning. I was relieved to be home and glad today is Friday and Nick will be home late tonight.
I have a lot to do today and all I want to do is rest! I have laundry to finish, phone calls to make and kids to take care of. At least we're back in our own element so I don't have to worry so much. I got woke up by the phone-insurance agent. Have to take my van in to get the hood fixed. We had a little incident while in Kentucky. Asher may have accidentally hit my van with an over sized rock. Ugh! That was frustrating for all of us. I was trying to reassure Steph that it would be fine, and she felt so bad and was so upset. We made tons of calls trying to figure out the best way to handle it and figured out filing on my insurance was the best option. So I have to add that to my list of things to do this month. We were just glad no one was hurt! It could have been much worse, right Steph!? lol
4 comments:
Right. At least no one was hurt but it still SUCKED big time, definitely a damper on things to have to deal with the hassle not too mention the $$. Ugh. Just glad it wasn't worse.
Sure was awfully quiet at my house yesterday and today.
I'm so glad you 'bit the bullet' and went to Kentucky. You overcame! I'm very proud of you! I miss being in KY myself and hope to get back there, with grandpa, sooner than later.
It is amazing how much you look alike. It is also great that the kids are th same age.
Too bad Nick didn't get to go. I know he would have loved the "farm" experience. LOL Mom
Yep, Nick is such a farm boy!
Post a Comment