Monday, June 23, 2008

Crazy! busy! blah!

Saturday we drove over to Eureka Springs for the first time. We went to the Great Passion Play grounds to see the giant statue of Jesus. It was HUGE! Way bigger than we expected. It was a short drive and a quick trip. They also had a section of the ACTUAL Berlin Wall there on display. We snapped a few photos and loaded up to head home. On the way out, we noticed they had a dino museum. It was all biblical based and very neat. I'm glad we did it, too. They have enough to do on the grounds to spend a whole day there, but we weren't prepared to do that on this visit, so we headed home for lunch and nap time.



On Saturday night, I went to the local scrapbook store to crop with a few friends. I finished 5 pages and added one more to the weekend total on Sunday after church. We had a outdoor church picnic on Sunday evening and got home LATE for us. Just in time to give quick baths and get in bed! Eeek!

I hate Monday. Especially THIS Monday.

I didn't get much sleep last night. Then I woke up this morning to pouring rain. The sky was dark and Annabeth slept in a little and I did NOT want to get up. I had a list of things to do, starting with taking my van to the body shop for the repairs. Anyone who knows me, knows I hate the rain. I hate driving in it more than anything. Today was no different. I got uptight knowing I had to drive us into town with the heavy rain. I ALMOST cancelled the whole thing, but decided I was tired of having it on my to-do list and wanted to go ahead and get it over with it. I got to the body shop before 9 am and they called Enterprise to come pick me up. That was where it got a little rocky. Enterprise showed up (still pouring rain here) and I moved the car seats to the car which turned out to be NOT the car I'd be driving. That just means I had to move them AGAIN once we got to the Enterprise office (IN THE POURING RAIN). I take both kids inside to sign the paperwork and the tiny office was packed full of people. Annabeth knocked off a huge pile of business cards and it took me and Evan and some nice man forever to pick them all up. Then the Enterprise guy goes off to get my car. I hear Evan call out "Mommy, are we going to get that big truck?". I reply as I spin around to see "Surely not!". But sure enough, it was ours. We get a Toyota Tundra V8, 4 door mega truck! Ugh!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the truck! It doesn't, however, fit in my garage. And by the time I got home, I was dripping wet from moving car seats so many times and by this time, I was one unhappy camper!

I just hope the rest of the week is better!

6 comments:

Mom said...

Sorry, I had to LOL over this. I can envision the whole thing. How long before you get your car back and you have to repeat this same senerio? XO Mom

Stephanie said...

Sorry you had a rough morning!

The layouts look great! I have also been to exactly the same places in Eureka Springs and have almost exactly the same pics, LMAO!

Kathy said...

After a 13 hour day working on second floor, having a very sore back and feet I NEEDED a good laugh!! I am like your mom and I was picturing the entire event and started to laugh out loud! meghan asked me what was so funny. I tried to read it to her but started laughing when I got to the part of Evan asking is that our truck! Memories!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's great you can take a half day to go to Eureka Springs! We haven't been in quite a while but we love it! The layouts are great and I am proud to say I have been kicking booty and getting loads done thank goodness! Love the family pic! You guys even match!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah about Enterprise. You should have said that it was false advertisement! In the commercial they WAY more helpful than what they seemed to be to you!

VegasRPh said...

Where is Jesus?