Today was really busy. We got up and ready and left our house by 8:30 am to go to The Blueberry Barn to pick blueberries. We met my friends Meagan and Timeni (and their kids) there. It was our first time to do such a thing, so I really don't know what to expect. Evan LOVED it! He did very well, only picking the fattest, bluest berries. Annabeth caught on pretty quick. We only ended up with a few green ones in our bucket by the end of the field trip! It was perfect blueberry picking weather. A good breeze and sunny. Very relaxing other than the redundancy of chasing after Annabeth through the rows of blueberry bushes. All in all, I would totally do that again! It was fun!



I was thinking the whole blueberry-picking thing would only last about 45 minutes, but it was over an hour and a half later when we all paid out (BTW, only $10 for a GALLON of blueberries. That's a STEAL!) and caravanned to the Splash Park. The kids were all so relieved to be doing something wet as it was HOT out. Annabeth jumped right in and all the kids had a great time! Ready for a down day tomorrow! 



3 comments:
Looks like a great PLAY day although I know you are wiped out! That splash park looks awesome! And I can't wait until our blueberry bushes are that big, lol.
You deserved a fun day. Where are the pics of the Moms? Did anyone have blue fingers? Save me some, I'll be there in about 50 hours!
Sounds like a ton of fun! Great summer activities and I bet the kids slept like babies :)
Post a Comment