
Tommie is my new TomTom GPS unit. Nick thought for sure I needed it to make my big Kentucky trip next week and I have to say, I'm so glad to her. We named her (something I learned from Steph that is necessary to do) Tommie after Nick's Dad. We were going to call it Tom, but I had a hard time with the male voices so named her Tommie instead. It's a really neat toy to have. I feel so at ease with this long trip knowing I don't have to read a map or worry about getting lost. Tommie can also show me points of interest such as Starbucks and Wal-Mart and let me know when there's one close by. It also keeps track of my speed and notifies me if I'm speeding. I feel like it's a must-have for anyone traveling. Mapquest is a thing of the past (and not very dependable might I add...).
3 comments:
Whomever makes the directions for mapquest needs to learn their right from their left!!! So many times our directions said 1 thing and really it was something else. Highly frustrating. Enjoy your new nav. system!
Thank you scrappy gal - just returned from a trip through 4 states using Mapquest and it was a quest, all right! Got lost following the directions. Can't wait to buy a GPS of my own!
Your Father-In-Law would be proud to have a GPS named after him. Wish those were available a long time ago.
Post a Comment