Saturday, May 17, 2008

Picture-heavy blog

A throw-back picture from Mother's Day:

Annabeth being, well, Annabeth! lol:

Whew! I'm so relieved Evan's party is over! We had such a great time. Jump!Zone was crazy-fun and Evan was the star of the show. He was so polite and sweet and he truly enjoyed every second of the party! We had a great turnout. Eighteen kids plus the birthday boy and a ton of parents. We started with playtime and the kids trickled in one at a time. Some came late, but honestly, I didn't care! I wore down my camera battery before the cake and presents. I had to stop and put it down so I'd have some battery-life left! Seriously!

We did manage a group photo!

One little girl, who is only 4, was shockingly (and I do mean SHOCKINGLY) dropped off and left there alone. I had no idea they were leaving her and neither did she. She came around the corner and asked for her mother and the worker told me her parents had left! HOLY COW! I couldn't believe it. This is a place you have to sign a waiver! And they just left her there with total strangers. I had only met them once before. It was a downer for me, but I handled it.
Then, there were two who RSVP'd yes and didn't show. I expected that, I guess, but was bummed that they didn't bother to change their RSVP.

{Insert RSVP rant here:}
In case anyone is wondering or unsure RSVP is an abbreviation for the French phrase "Respondez S'il Vous Plait." In English, RSVP stands for "Reply Please!"
If you have received a wedding invitation with an RSVP notation, you are being asked to respond and let your hosts know whether or not you are able to attend.
If you are sending a wedding invitation with an RSVP notation, you are asking guests to "Respond Please" so that you can plan appropriately.

It's courteous to RSVP correctly and one of my biggest pet peeves!
Ok, off the soapbox! lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, his Spongebob cupcake cake looked and tasted fabulous! It was easy and I prefer it to regular cake. No cutting or worrying about who gets what size of piece. Wonderful! He got a TON of presents. Most people bought off of his registry, but only a few took the item off the registry. Surprisingly, we only had 1 duplicate present! Now, I have to get to work on Thank You's, but so glad the party is behind us.



After we got the car all loaded and the kids strapped in, Nick admitted to me that "THAT was the way to do a birthday party". I already knew that, but it was fun to hear it from him anyway!

If we ever decide to do another big party, we'll definitely do it like that again. Not at my house! lol

5 comments:

Scrappy Gal said...

I'm LMAO at your RSVP rant! ha ha! It's true though, it's so rude! I hate that. We get the "oh well we figured you knew we'd be there!" and they show up without RSVPing. I take it as they are not coming if they didn't contact me!

Looks like Evan had a great 5th birthday! How fun!

Angie said...

What awesomne parents you two are! Wish we lived closer so we could get ouir children together, so glad to see Evan had a GREAT 5th birthday party. LOVED the cupcake cake! LOVE the Mother's Day picture!!! It's going to make an awesome scrapbook page!!!! I have Zachary's preschool scrapbook complete except for his graduation that will take place this coming Saturday!!

Mom said...

You could have added that RSVP regrets only. that way it is a little more expressive. Only those not coming call.

And you you could have added how far the folks from Johnson County came so everyone would know.

And you could have added that this might be your last blog because of a certain picture you included.

Stephanie said...

Glad the party was a roaring success! I know what you mean about the 4 yr old getting dropped off. That happened at Asher's McDonald's party last year. I was STUNNED, the child was barely 4 and then of course who is there to take care of him? He was all over the presents, etc.

Anyhoo - the RSVP is annoying and most people I think assume it means if they don't call they aren't coming. When in realty it means PLEASE RESPOND either way. I think on my invites for Ash's party I am going to handwrite in "either way" or something.

So, fabulous pics, can't wait to see more of them on Kodak!

Love ya!

Linda said...

I'm so with you on the whole RSVP thing, that is a huge pet PEEVE of mine!! It's so rude for people not to respond and show up or not respond and not show up....whatever...it's just rude. Sounds like a great party!