Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday, Evan!

Wednesday, I woke up with my word of the month, CELEBRATE, on my mind. My baby boy turned 5! We had a busy morning, baking his birthday cake and muffins for a play date the next day. I got Annabeth down for a nap and Evan played some Birthday-Day Video Games. Evan had his second speech therapy appointment at 2 pm, so I had to wake Annabeth up to get her ready in time to take him. That's a bummer. Let me tell you! His therapy went very well and right afterwards, I took both kids and went to have Evan's 5-year pictures made at The Picture People. They turned out fabulous and I brought home a few prints. I accidentally ordered the wrong size prints and have to order some more before I can share them.

Nick left work a few minutes early and met us at home. We let Evan pick what we were having for dinner, and of course, he chose McDonald's. haha I drove thru and picked it up and headed home with the kids to celebrate Evan's birthday. Nick had already made it home and got the presents I had wrapped the night before out of his trunk and hung the Happy Birthday banner. Evan noticed the presents first and we had to make him eat first. We sang Happy Birthday and had him blow out the 5 candles (OMG!!!!) and then let him rip into his presents.


He loved everything and Nick spent a good hour + assembling the toys he got. The cake was yummy and my little guy had a Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

So glad he had a good birthday!!!!!

Scrappy Gal said...

Awww 5! I feel like B's been 5 for ever now! Looks like he had a great birthday celebration.