I forgot to blog about Mother's Day. I guess I got all carried away with my new bed, but I need to finish that storyline. lol
On Sunday morning, we got up and around and went to church. The church honored all the mother's by giving us all a book. I haven't started reading it yet, but do plan to. The kids went to their classess and after the worship service we went to pick them up just like every week. We got there and both kids (in their own separate classrooms) were playing and having fun. Evan was painting a mother's day craft and Annabeth was dancing to some noisy toy. We looked at each other and walked off and left them there. We decided to stay for Sunday School for the first time. We enjoyed our class, too!
So my Mother's haul included a card from Evan that was a school craft, A handmade card from Nick and the kids, the new Silhouette software I wanted, my new bed (yippeee), A stained-glass butterfly from Evan (church craft). It was a great Mother's Day for me!
We got home and ate lunch and put Annabeth down for her nap. I headed out for the afternoon by myself for some shopping. I actually bought some things for myself which is a rarity. But everyone else got something, too! lol
We went to night church that evening and watched a wonderful Baptist College Choir and Orchestra perform. They were fantastic! It ran later than normal evening service so we got home and put the kids right to bed for the night. We watched the Survivor Finale from our DVR and went to bed!
Monday was a stressful day. After I dropped Evan off at school, I went for a play date and Annabeth was horrible! She's started this thing where she sticks her whole hand in her mouth to gag herself. She does this until she throws up all over herself, the car seat, the floor..where ever. Makes me furious and I have no idea what to do to fix it. Any suggestions? lol
Tuesday, she was just as bad at home, so the crib tent came out of the box! She's started climbing out of her pack and play (which is where we put her for time out) and I was beyond frustrated. I finally put up the crib tent and it's been a transition for sure. She likes it, but I'm zipping it closed every time. Just nap time cause that's what's she's fighting the most and she's too little to give up naps!
Today was busy, too. I dropped Evan off, went and had my oil changed, hit up Wal-Mart for some things we needed badly. Then went to Kohl's, Old Navy and Gymboree for returns I had to each place. I picked up cookies at the store so that I can send them with Evan tomorrow for his last day of school. That's a long story, too. He was supposed to be done as of today, but one of his teachers was going to be gone today and I didn't know until yesterday at pick-up. So I asked if I could send him on Thursday so that I could give his teacher's their gifts and offered to bring cookies to celebrate his last day.
So tomorrow is really it. It's the last trip across the county and I'm so excited! I'm off to stuff goody boxes and get them all ready for Saturday. My little guy is so excited for his "big kid" party!!!
2 comments:
Glad you got some time away to yourself on Mom's Day and that you got some new things. Got to get that in you know before June 1, LOL.
I already knew all that!
Post a Comment