Today was the day! I went and tanned (did I mention yet I was doing that?) and we went into town and picked up my new bed. I was so excited to get it home and all put together. First, so Nick could see it. You see, when I went to pick up my dresser last month, I called him and begged for the matching bed. It was hard to drop the cash for both pieces, so we agreed to put it on layaway and wait a month to pick up the bed. He agreed I could get it and had never even seen it!
We got there and the saleslady told us they didn't have one. That the one that was supposed to be mine was damaged and they would have a new one in Wednesday or Thursday. That wasn't such a good idea since we had spent over an hour getting the seats out of the van so we could fit it all in. But just as we were leaving, the lady came out looking for me and said they were going to check it again (she didn't trust the other guy who said it was damaged). So we opened the boxes and sure enough, it looked great! We had another little (or not so little) problem, though. The headboard was not going in the van. So, the guys strapped it on tight and I let Nick be THAT GUY who drives down the road with something absurd strapped to the top of his minivan! lol


We made it home with no problems and got the bed put together in no time. It looks fabulous! I think was pleasantly surprised, but a bit overwhelmed with how BIG it is! The headboard stands almost 6 feet tall to the posts! I totally love it...just wishing for clearance to buy the nightstands next! teehee

5 comments:
Nice bed! B said "that bed looks really comfy!"....:)
Oh wow! That is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! I love black furniture and decor. Pluse the bedding and art you have just really look wonderful together!
So happy for you!
And LMAO at the pics of the van!!!
Very very nice! Love the pics above the bed.....perfect match!
I have yet to buy a bedroom suite that wasn't second hand - way to go "grown up" Ginger!
This is the 1st time I saw I could do this....
Looks great even thou the pics are crooked.
The rugmust go! Mom
Post a Comment