Every year, Evan (and Annabeth, too) has a had a "wish list" at walmart.com for Birthdays and Christmas. My family has requested it and I found it very helpful for everyone involved. It's always been done by me, as the kids were too young to do it on their own. Last night, I took Evan to the store to create his wish list. I created the account and handed over the scanner and let him do all the scanning. It was adorable hearing him squeal with delight when he saw something he really wanted and he got to hunt for the bar code and scan it! He ended up with over 3 pages. My only "rule" was that we had to find things that were pretty inexpensive for the most part so his friends that are invited to his party could afford the gifts he wanted! It was fun. Really, it was.
Then, we went to the party place there in the store and he easily picked out a cake. I wanted a cupcake cake so it was less work/stress for me, so once he found the one he wanted, we just had to request the cupcake version. It went pretty smooth and pretty quick. He decided on a Spongebob and I asked the cake lady for at least 40 cupcakes! We'll see what kind of magic they can work. lol
(funny story)
After we picked out our cake and the lady was filling out the paperwork, this man walked in and asked them to write a Happy Birthday message on a cake for him. The ladies behind the counter just giggled and told him to come back in 10 minutes. As soon as he was out of sight, one lady asked ME if I could write on the cake for them???? OMG! I laughed and said, I could, but I had never tried before. They handed me the icing and I proceeded to write on the cake for him. There was some pressure. I was terrified he'd come back and catch me, a sniffling customer, writing on his cake! ha! Jokes on him! The nice ladies did give Evan a cookie to keep him occupied.
Crap, we forgot to pick out a birthday gift for his friend, Christa. :(
TGIF!
1 comment:
OMG! That is hilarious about the cake writing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment