We did a little research and found that Nick and I were part of the less than 20% of customers in our district that still have power. Thank you, Lord! We never lost it. The lights flickered a few times, but never enough to reset our clocks! We're so thankful for that as I know the world around us was a very different story.
Nick finally ventured out to work today. He planned to go each day, but the road to Rogers was just too dangerous. He spent a ton of time shut in the bedroom with his laptop working from here. That was hard for the kids to understand, but it was ok. He called to say he made it, but that the roads were still really bad. Still slick and all mushed up. He said there only a few cars in the ditch..gees, that doesn't make me feel better! lol
Evan is out of school again today. I think they may have school tomorrow as long as the school has power. I heard a rumor that they lost power. I guess we'll see. We treated this week as a vacation and let Evan stay up a little later and play some video games. He's already so bored with those luxuries, he's ready to go back to school! Sad, huh?? He was really sad to have missed the 100th day of school party. It was supposed to be on Wednesday, but we got a note home from Mrs. K telling us she'd let us know the new day of the party after we get back to school. I hope they still make a huge deal out of it.
We weren't the hardest hit by a long shot. And, as beautiful as it looks, the devastation is huge in the nearby cities. I took a few pictures to share.

2 comments:
It's sad when beauty is so devestating to others.
Hope Evan gets to go to school tomorrow even though Annabeth probably loves having him at home.
Will Evan have to go later now in the year?
Post a Comment