Really, I'm crying out here! Annabeth is slowly wearing me down. She's such a sweet girl, but this potty/naked/diaper thing is going to KILL me! Lately she's been skipping naps. Not okay! Not even close to being ready to give them up. On no nap days, by 3:30 she is a living, breathing monster! Not like the green, scary kind. More like the adorable Elmo kind, but annoying just the same.
We have halted the potty training completely. We don't even talk about it because although I think Annabeth is probably ready, I think she thinks she's not. I'm not going to rush it because I can't handle the stress involved. She's gone from wanting to use the potty to just wanting to be naked. That's a problem because during nap time, she takes off her diaper and pottys all over her bed. I'm so frustrated with it. I need help. She doesn't do this when Nick is home so it all falls on me. It has consumed my days. I'm constantly trying to keep her dressed or redressing her every 15 minutes.
Maybe this is hormonal for me? I don't know, but my patience is SO THIN with her. I've tried everything I can think of. First, I put her in a onesie under her clothes. That worked for about 2 days and I was thrilled. Then, she figured that out and so I tried putting her onesie on backwards. Then turned her diaper around, too. Now she's mastered all of my "tasks". Oh, Lord! Please help me! If she would just leave the diaper on, I wouldn't care so much about the clothes. I can't handle another full-stripping of the bed, crib tent included and having to wash it all. We're not even in the bed time potty training phase....
Any advice? Anyone have ANYTHING to offer? I'll take ANYTHING!
5 comments:
My friend Kate McDonald boy always did that! In her blog everyone told her to duct tape his diapers!!! Cohen was always taking his diaper off in his crib and then playing in his poo, etc.
Ithink I sent you her link before.
I am emailing you some stuff I found. I Know you are struggling and I am so sorry! I wish I could fix it for you. Hang in there. This too shall pass (just probably not as quick as you want). Love you.
I haven't tried duct tape, but I don't think it would work. I failed to put this in the blog, but when I turned her diaper around backwards, she never figured out how to unstrap it and take it off. She decided it was easier (and obviously more fun) to pull it apart-into 200 little pieces until it simply fell off! Duct tape on the diaper wouldn't solve that problem unless I wrapped her up like a Sumo Wrestler...
If you think about her little world, this is the only situation she actually has control of. Hopefully this doesn't last for long. Have you tried putting her on a kindergarten mat for nap time. They are vinyl covered so they are easily cleaned. You can easily make a cover for it with scrap material sewn on three sides like a pillow case.
Have you tried target practice in the potty? Girls can do anything a boy can do!
Does she have a poo schedule?
What if you take her pacifier away when she is bad?
Post a Comment