There were supposed to be 5 of us going. But due to sick kiddos, we had 2 cancel. Meagan and I carpooled together and Jen met us there. We left here on Friday afternoon around 3:45 with my van loaded! We got a little lost, (it was dark and there wasn't even an address for this place!) but made it to the cabin around 6:15 pm. Meagan and I got all set up and waited for Jen to arrive. We waited and waited and called (we were in the middle of no where and had NO cell signal!) and called. Finally, she made it there (she had got lost, too!) and we got supper started. We stayed up late, ate yummy food, played practical jokes on each other...I'm telling you, I felt like I was a teenager! It was great! I didn't get as much scrapping done as I had hoped, but it was totally worth it to just hang out with the girls and laugh so hard our stomachs hurt!
I guess Nick had an eventful weekend without me...they had a "Mommy's gone party" complete with cupcakes and homemade pizza. Then he got to clean up throw up..boy, glad I missed that!
So, I'm backing up to Friday to tell you something funny. Evan's very first school award's ceremony was on Friday morning. I took Annabeth and we watched my big guy get his ABC and 123 Awards. After the ceremony, we went down to visit with Evan. I was snapping some pictures when I heard a little girl's voice say "Mom, I want you to take my picture with Evan!". She said it in a way, like she was trying to be quiet about it. I turned to see who it was and saw J. Her mom politely asked if it was ok and of course, I said yes. I took one myself and then, started putting the pieces together in my head...
Since the first of the year, Evan has been talking about J. Where she lived, that she was a walker... I never thought anything about it. Then, when I made the classroom scrapbook page, I let Evan pick who he wanted to be next to, and he picked her. Again, no big deal... After the awards ceremony, I was chatting my with teacher friend, Meagan. I said to her how I thought Evan might have moved on from his other "favorite friend". She confirmed that he had in fact moved on. Gees, even the teachers had noticed! lol I'll be saving this photo for a scrapbook layout at the end of the year of Evan's Kindergarten girlfriends...yikes!
Trevor update:
He is home no. He had to return to the hospital for a round of blood transfusions last week. We was released to go home on Friday and is scheduled to go back next Tuesday for his next round of Chemo. Please continue to pray for him and please visit his Caring Bridge site by clicking here.
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a blast!
I should have gone. Well, you might not have had so much fun if I had come. Yummy food sounds good to me. Lost in the dark....I don't think so.
Evan will have so many "friends" that you better keep the camera handy. He is so sweet. Does "j" mean something?
How many pages did you get done?
What a sweet pic of Evan and his special friend. He is really standing tall, huh? :)
So glad you had a great weekend away! I was thinking of you!
I really love the LO of the drive thru zoo!
Those layouts are all amazing I love them all! Love the pic of Evan!
Post a Comment