Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What a start....

to 2009!
We spent New Year's Eve at my mom's house. Drove down on Wednesday, later afternoon and had dinner and opened Christmas presents. Then we all struggled to stay awake until midnight! Annabeth hit the hay early, around 7 or so like usual, but Evan really wanted to stay up with his Daddy and ring in the new year. Around 10pm, he asked us if he could go to bed! Poor guy! I know he was exhausted and we tucked him in and Nick, TJ and I sat up and watched that dumb guy who did the motorcycle jump in Vegas! Well, I watched the replay. I can't stand to see crashed and stuff like that, so I waited until I knew he made it to look! ;) I'm pretty sure I was asleep by 12:05, but this was the first year in a long time I was awake at 12:00 am.

New Year's Day was a blur. I was SOOOOO tired and I honestly don't remember what we did all morning. I know Mom made breakfast and then we had a late lunch, but the time in between escapes me! Do you see how badly I need my sleep!? lol

Anyway, it was a nice visit and we are glad we did it, but we were more than ready to be home after such a long time away over Christmas. We designed our vacation to return with a whole week left on Evan's vacation so he/I would have some time to regroup before he headed back to school. That was a brilliant idea if I do say so myself. We all needed that extra time and yesterday's transition back to school went great! Evan gladly went back to school but I had a hard time letting him go again. :( He came home with his first homework assignment of the new year. Yay? He'll be bringing home work Monday-Thursday from now on. It sounds like a lot, but he can finish most days in just a few minutes. I know it will only get harder, but he's so smart. He already knows just about all of the work and it's easy for him. How encouraging!

So then something very unexpected happened. Tiny Poses dissolved. I spoke with my partner and we decided to discontinue the classes. I have to admit that I was devastated. I never dreamed it would happen like that. So sudden and so very unexpected, but it is what it is and I must move on. On Sunday, I had prayed that God show me what the right answer was re: Tiny Poses. I had been struggling with some things both externally and internally for the last 5 or 6 months and while I couldn't blame Tiny Poses for those things, I let it consume my life and make me miserable. So there it is. I have MY life back and until today, I wasn't sure how I felt about it all. I've had a very emotional last couple of days and realized that some people just aren't meant to be in each other's lives. (I'm not talking about my friend and business partner, so no one freak out there! There was no falling out between us.) Anyway, God answered my prayers and I can go back to focusing on what's best for my family. I already have 2 playdates scheduled with 2 new friends. God is good!

I have to tell you about my word of the month for January. Better 6 days in than never, right?
My OLW for January is BE. I've added the definition to my sidebar, but for those who get this via email, I'll define it here, too.

be:
to have an objective existence
have reality or actuality
to have, maintain, or occupy a place, situation, or position


My plan for that word is easy. To just BE. Let whatever happens happen and not worry so much. To live in actuality, not some fantasy world. To be genuine. To laugh when I want to and cry when I need to. To be just who I am with nothing to lose or nothing to gain in every moment!

Ok, that's ENOUGH. :)

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Did you get the blog link I sent. This guy writes really good blogs that deal with life issues. His wife does the word of the month also. His is focus. I like his and I love yours. I need to "be." In my life now I cry a whole lot more than I laugh. I put up a motivational tree last week. It is in the large navy crock. I have white lights on it. I have a friends, faith, believe, peace, and joy, orniment on it. On the top is a Willow Tree angel "happiness" my friend gave me. I light it every night.

Mom said...

When are you coming back? It was good for me! You forgot to say I was awake at midnight, too. The blur was mainly due to Annabeth waking up at 6 am. Be happy. At least you hadn't had your 18th baby yet! Thank you Jesus! Amen

Leanna said...

I love this post! I'm sorry to hear Tiny Poses didn't work out, but maybe it's for the best. I also love your Mom's comment. She's too funny!

Stephanie said...

Great post! I am excited for 2009. I am sorry Tiny Poses ended the way it did. It was a wonderful concept, maybe just the timing and so forth was off a bit. Love you!

Scrappy Gal said...

oh Ginger, I'm so sorry to hear about Tiny Poses...I've actually used you in my head for inspiration for something I have in the works down the road. Sounds like it worked out for the best, but I have to say you looked totally natural in those pics you posted teaching those adorable little girls to dance!

Kelly said...

I'm just catching up on blogs since the new year (mine isn't even updated, ugh!), but I was sorry to hear about Tiny Poses. It sure looked like things were taking off for you. Hugs!