Friday, January 9, 2009

Hope for Trevor.

I spoke with my Mom who was thrilled to give me some good news about Trevor. He checked back in to Arkansas Children's Hospital on Tuesday for his third round of Chemo. That's not the good news! lol

Trevor's Mother reports that the doctors are in awe of Trevor's progress. That they have rid his body of 80% of the living cancer cells, including clearing his lungs! His softball-sizes tumor on his left pelvic has shrunk to the size of an egg! Praise God!

They suspect he'll be released today to go home until his next treatment. After treatment #4, they'll re-evaluate his progress and decide what is the best step to take next. We're optimistic that it will be surgery to remove the remaining tumor and REMISSION!

Please continue to pray for Trevor and our family. He still has a tough road ahead of him, but this hope we've been given is a miracle and truly an answer to prayers!

Also, for those who haven't visited Trevor's Caring Bridge site, please do! It's so uplifting to hear from everyone. You can find that site by clicking here.

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

mama j said...

GREAT news! I have a little activity book, etc. I've been wanting to mail him--I see his home address there, so hoping to get that out, in the next week (which entails a trip to the PO! LOL! ).

Thanks for the update!

Leanna said...

That's fantastic news Ginger! This is one of many things that proves the power of God and prayer!

I've got to call you this weekend and ask details of Disney. We are 22 days and counting. YIKES!

Stephanie said...

Praise God! Hope, there is always hope with God. I was so happy to hear your voice yesterday telling me this awesome news. I got chill bumps reading this post! The prayers will still come!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to read this Ginger!

Mom said...

He got to go home tonight! He had an awesome day. A Harlem Globetrotter came by and he got to spin the basketball on his finger and get a pic and autograph. He made some kind of clay pot, too.
His spirits are high.

Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Praise God!! I have been thinking about him constantly. I'm so happy to hear he's responding to the treatment.