Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back to the daily grind.

Today is Tuesday. Ugh! I guess I should be glad it's not Monday, but I've kinda been emotional about some things and for whatever reason this week, I'm not happy to see Tuesday. There's so much to tell ya'll about the weekend.

On Saturday, I went to the local scrapbook store for a crop. It was my first crop since November. In fact, it was the first time I'd scrapbooked since November. I was feeling overwhelmed and way behind and was so happy to get some creative juices flowing. I got the chance to play around with the newest die-cutting tool, The Slice. I had wanted one way back when they first started talking about it, but have managed to control my urge and let my word of the year, ENOUGH, remind that I didn't need it. After using it on Saturday, I'm glad I didn't buy it. I do still want one, but the cons outweigh the pros big time. I think I'll wait until they release the 2nd version (if that's ever gonna happen!) and get some of the bugs worked out. I finished 6 pages. That's a great start to 2009 and my goal of 125 pages! Here they are (and FYI, you can click on them to make them bigger!):

Then, on Sunday, got up and ready for church and set up the tripod/camera for week 2 of my newest venture. I'm not sure what to call it, really? A tradition? A commitment? I don't know. Either way, I hope to take a family photo each week before church. I don't have nearly enough photos of the four of us, and you just never know what could happen, so I'm seizing the day! Here is our Family Photo of the week:
At church we got to hear a guest speaker. I have to admit, I wasn't nearly as excited as Nick was to hear Iraqi General Georges Sada tell his story. But by the end, I was very moved and intrigued by him. We picked up a signed copy of his book, Saddam's Secrets. I haven't read it yet, but I do plan to. He was a delightful man with an amazing story.

Monday came and went. I had a breakthrough and let some things go that I had been holding on to. It feels nice to have that stuff behind me. As soon as I said the words, "I'm letting it go", I felt this weight lift off my shoulders. I felt like scrapbooking again, and I headed into my scrap room to finish off two more pages. I scrapped my Christmas cards for 2008.
After I got home from the pickup line, I was pleasantly surprised to have my Dad visit. He came and stayed just about 2 hours. Played with the kids and chatted with me. I'm not sure if he's ever done that before, but it was SO NICE. Last night, I spent some time at Evan's school with the yearbook committee. I was asked by Evan's teacher to be in charge of the scrapbook page for his class, so I finished this and turned it in last night. I was happy with it and after seeing all the other pages, I was proud of mine. I had went back and forth on whether I should redo it or not. And finally decided not to. To leave it as is and I got rave reviews! I wish I had copied it before I sent it in. lol At least I took a picture!
I got Evan off to school this morning and fed Annabeth some breakfast. I hope to get back in my scrap room during nap time, but since it didn't go very well yesterday (she refused to nap!), I'm not holding my breath. I have several things on my to-do list for today. New Blog Post-CHECK!

Have a great day everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you do the clickable links through out your post? I LOVE all the layouts! It has been so long since I've scrapped I hope I remember how the next time I sit down to do so. I hope you have a great week! Oh, did you delete facebook?

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you that I absolutely love the family picture idea. I know I couldn't pin Daniel down long enough for a picture each week but I try to snag one as often as I can! LOL!

Mom said...

Cheer up! Momma loves you! our pages and pics are all great!

Stephanie said...

The school scrapbook page looks fantastic and I am glad you decided to say "enough" and be happy with the end result and not re-do it. I am sure it was the best one because you rock! :)

I am also glad you got to spend time with your dad. Interesting how you had 2 hours to visit with him in person this week and I had an hour long talk with my dad this week. Pretty cool.

I'm proud of you with your breakthrough.

Love you so much and miss you!

Ginger said...

The weekly family photo is pretty easy for us. We're up and dressed anyway, so we just take 5 minutes and get some pics together! I'm ok that every week we won't get one that's perfect. Just as long as we're all in it!