We're officially potty training. I should be excited, right? My last child preparing to rid us of diapers. THAT is exciting! But I have an indication that this is not going to be a pleasant experience. Yesterday, Annabeth decided she was no longer interested in wearing clothes. That's a problem, because it's COLD here. And, a naked baby is totally inappropriate in the cold. I mean, people call CPS for stuff like that! ha!
So it went from being a naked thing to needing to potty every 15 seconds. Ugh! She had really never had much interest in going potty. So now that SHE has decided it's time. I guess, it's time! We spent every waking second in the bathroom yesterday. It was exhausting and frustrating. But it's working! Thanks, Nick, for choosing this week to have meetings away. The timing couldn't have been better.....for YOU!
So, I was forced to get creative (not that it worked for longer than the time it took to snap these photos!). I put her in her panties, a long sleeved shirt, baby legs and socks. She was all impressed with how much freedom she still had to go on the potty, and she looked CUTE!


She's also really into the Mrs. Potato Head she got from my brother for Christmas. (Yes, shock is a good word to describe that feeling...) She loves her and was excited to switch her sunglasses for the tiny green pair that came with Mrs. Potato Head.


I have to say, being home these past few days has been awesome. I was able to run errands yesterday. I sold a couple of my sizzix dies to a local lady so I took them over to her, then to the Children's Shelter to drop off the boxes of stuff we had boxed up over the weekend. Then, I ran to Hobby Lobby and the bank and managed to get to get my oil changed. We got a late breakfast in the car and were still home by 10:15! Talk about time well spent!
We spent most of Saturday working around the house. We cleaned out closets, reorganized some and gathered a ton of stuff to donate. I also found a new home for some of our baby toys so we emptied all the toy boxes and pulled everything that was too little for Annabeth. How refreshing to give those things to someone who needs them.
Today, while I'm feeling sorry for myself and missing Nick, I'm going to put Annabeth down for her nap and get to cleaning out my scrap closet. I'll have to show you the finished project later, but man, it's bad! It's become the catch-all for everything since the middle of November and I can't even get in there!
I guess it's hump day. Have a happy one!
5 comments:
love the pics and post! she is so cute!
Okay she's just adorable! I love reading your blog Ginger - it's a bright spot in the days lately :) Thanks for sharing ;)
Yes she is one adorable little lady. I have her pic and Evans from Disney on my locker at work.
She's getting so big & cuter each day!!!!! That is how B started potty training too....the every 15 min thing...for us it worked in 1 week, hopefully you'll be so lucky too. It's utterly exhausting, I agree! I had a set schedule that helped for us too.
I hear ya on the sb area! i did mine today and actually made 18 cards and did 3 pages! That's HUGE for me.....what else can i do when we are stuck inside due to snow and I've outplayed the kids?!?! :)
Yeah! It's potty time! That almost like party time! Ha! I'm proud of her. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment