Monday, January 19, 2009

Today is Monday.

After my last post-the cry for help, I had a weekend full of retail therapy and feel much better today. On Friday night, I decided last minute to go to a crop. I knew the hostess, but no one else that was going, but I didn't care. I needed a break and was itching to scrapbook. I finished 3 more layouts-bringing my total to 12!

Then on Saturday, I got up and headed into town for some retail therapy. I LOVE to shop. It really is a therapy for me when I'm down. I had some returns to make and some Gymbucks to spend. I ended up with nearly all of the kids clothes for next Fall. I'm a bargain shopper, too, so I didn't spend all that much. I had called my Mom to see if she wanted to come up for some shopping and babysitting, but she said she couldn't. I was sad, but I understand how that is. After I was almost finished with my shopping, my Mom called back to say she was coming! Yay! She got to our house in time for Nick and I to go out for dinner and see a movie. She usually comes up and does this for us on my birthday, but she let us cash in that present a little early this year! Thanks, Mom!

We had dinner at Chili's and went to see "Gran Torino". It was a good movie. I was leery of it and for good reason. I'm such a sap, but Clint Eastwood was great it in and it had a good story.

We got up on Sunday and all got ready for church-including my Mom. It was great to have her visit with us. We came home after service and had lunch. After Annabeth went down for her nap, Mom and I went out for some more retail therapy. We found some more great deals and I even got myself 2 new shirts. (Mark it on your calendar-I bought something just for me!) Stay tuned to see one of them in next week's Family Photo of the week.

Here is this week's photo:

Today is Monday. Today is Monday all day long. Today is Monday. Today is Monday. Today is Monday all day long. This is the song that Evan sings at school. We sing it each morning on the way to school with the correct day and as much as I usually hate Mondays. Today hasn't been so bad.

Annabeth and I had a play date with our new friends. We had a great time visiting and playing and loved getting out for some socialization with friends. The best part is, they live here in our tiny town so there is no need for me to drive all over creation for a play date! Yippee!

I'm trying something new for nap time today with Annabeth. I'm not going to post it yet-in case it doesn't work, but so far so good. She's not asleep yet, but her clothes are still on! I'm giving her a few more minutes before I get her for the day with no nap! Ugh!

Tomorrow is my classroom visit to Evan's class. I'm very excited to get back into the swing of things. I have a busy week so I'll update again as soon as I can!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love your tradition of the family photo each week! It's awesome!

I'm so happy for you that you got to crop, shop, date, and spend time with your mom all in one weekend! Woohoo!

Love you!!!

Mom said...

Can't wait to hear about Annabeth's nap. I had a good time with you and the family. I'm really glad I came. Happy Birthday. Have you eaten your gift?

Anonymous said...

Love ALL the layouts! Thw last one is so cool with the way the ribbon is pleated and stapled I love that ouch! And yes, I will be stealing it! LOL!