Monday, February 2, 2009

Welcome February!

Wow, am I thrilled to put January behind me! Last week was killer with the full week of snow days and both kids being home and cooped up inside. I actually think the first couple of days were awesome, but by the end of the week, not so much! Even Evan was happy to get back to school today.

I'm also glad to have let myself relax a bit and honor my OLW, Be. I feel like I spent a lot more time being okay in the moment I was in. And, that was the point!

Now, on to February! I was finally ready to move on from my same ole blogger layout I had before. I had wanted to change it a while back, but was having problems and got discouraged. Then, when I COULD finally change it, it was too much work. Each time you change the layout, blogger (for whatever stupid reason!) deletes all the "gadgets". That means everything on my sidebars would go away and I'd have to redo all of that. Ugh! That's a huge task, but today was the day! How refreshing is this new layout??

My OLW for February is Embrace!
I love the first definition- to take or receive gladly or eagerly! That's what I hope this OLW is for me this month. I want to embrace everyday God has given me, including another birthday! *Gasp! I want to receive the little things and let them be little, but make me feel huge! I hope you'll embrace February with me!

My quote of the month is:
"Embrace your uniqueness. Time is much too short to be living someone else's life." ~Kobi Yamada

And, I added a new gadget for February. My Scripture of the Month is:
She is a tree of life to those who embrace her; those who lay hold of her will be blessed. ~Proverbs 3:18 (NIV)

So, last Sunday I was out of town and we didn't get a family portrait. That's ok. I knew that would happen and it will again! So we needed an extra great one this week, right? Here is our photo from yesterday! Notice my new shirt? Not that you can see much of it, but it's so bright and cheerful. And, that's just how it made me feel!
I updated my sidebar with my weekend crop results. I'll post them here, too, since a few get this via email. Here they are. Which one is your favorite?
Stay tuned for another post today. I have so much to say and just don't want it all to get lost in this one post!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Absolutely love your embellishments! Don't know if I've said it lately - you totally ROCK with your scrapbooking! You're so very talented. Awesome!!

GREAT family portrait!!! You look fab!!! The kids are adorable and Nick's not too shabby, either. :)

So proud of both of us with our January word, and I am with you - let's EMBRACE February and all it has to offer!!!