sorta.
It was a cold night here. Evan is fighting off ANOTHER cold. I know it's from his "favorite friend", Juliana. When I attended the caroling field trip on Friday, I listened to her cough the entire time. I even asked Evan to move away from her at one point. I thought to myself that her parents should have kept her at home that day. In and out of the cold. Off and on the bus. It was just an exhausting trip and you could tell she felt terrible. Anyway, I know that's why he's sick now and although it doesn't seem to bother him, it kills me! I need him to be better by Friday when we hit the road for Disney World!
So today, we woke up and checked the TV to find school was canceled! Yippee! I went in to tell Evan the good news and his reaction was priceless! Our conversation went like this:
Me: Hey, Ev, I have some good news. No school today. It's been canceled.
Evan: REALLY? Whoo hoooooo! I'm So happy! Are the roads too icy?
Me: Yes, buddy. Why don't you want to go to school today? I thought you loved school?
Evan: I do, Mommy, but I'm happy I get to stay home with you and Bethie today.
Me: Ok, buddy. Well get some socks on your feet and meet me in the living room and I'll get you some milk.
Evan: Ok, Mommy. I can't wait to tell Daddy the good news!
and he did. He ran in to tell Nick the news. He was excited that since he couldn't to school that Nick would get to stay home, too. It was quite the let down when Nick told him he would be going to work. He made it safe and sound and now I'm waiting on him to get home.
It's freezing here. It's 15 degrees and feels like 2! HOLY COW! 2???? That's crazy cold for Arkansas. Bring on sunny Florida! lol It's snowing lightly and the roads are covered in ice.
Tomorrow is the first of the two days of programs for Tiny Poses. We're having a Christmas program and party for each class and right now, I'm praying for the weather to let up and let us go ahead with our classes this week. I'm excited for the girls to show off what they've learned to their families, but also anxious to get it over with so I can focus on my trip. I still need to pick up some last minute items and pack..oh, Lord! I'm not looking forward to packing!
Oh, boy! Another funny that I hope I can relay in words. Last night, Annabeth comes out of Evan's room with a thermos we had got free from someplace or another. It was brand new, never used and I guess where ever she got it from, neither of the kids had seen it before. So Evan, being so curious, wanted to all about the thermos. Nick tried to explain the purpose of a thermos and that this one was empty, but Evan persisted that there had to be something in it. Nick ran with it. He blurted out it had a gerbil in it. What? I turned to look at him. He was grinning and I had to laugh to myself. He asked Evan if he wanted to see it. NO WAY! Evan didn't want anything to do with that gerbil or the thermos for that matter. He fled the room in fear of the gerbil! As if that wasn't funny enough, I decided we should pursue it and pretend to let the gerbil out and try to scare Evan with it. So Nick and I took the thermos into Evan's room and literally cornered him to make him look at it. He was really scared and hiding behind Nick as Nick slowly opened the top and made a gesture like he was tossing it on him. Right at that moment, I tossed a balled-up sock at him and talk about it hitting the fan! OMGosh! Evan went into hysterics. Not crying or anything (so save the comments/emails about how mean I am), but just really worried about what that gerbil (whatever that might be-he still didn't know what a gerbil was) might do. He started squealing and jumping and yelling "get it off me!" "help! a gerbil!" "ahhhhhhhhh!!!" I started laughing so hard I literally had to sit on the floor to keep from collapsing. I had to let Nick calm Evan down because I couldn't breathe, let alone talk! He explained to him that there was no gerbil, just a sock to cause him all that worry. Poor guy! I did feel bad for a second, before I remembered how funny it was! We could have won America's Funniest Home Videos with that one. I guarantee it! Today he's been playing the joke on me. That thermos with gerbil sock stuffing has been flashed around with tons of giggles (by both of us, I might add!) What a precious memory!
I better get. I have to do some baking tonight and get all the things I need for tomorrow gathered and ready. I hear the jingle of the "smurfs" coming from Evan's room...oh, the memories!
A quick Trevor update:
Trevor returns tomorrow to ACH for round two of his Chemo treatments. It should start around noon and he'll have 3 days worth before he's released to go back home (as long as he's healthy enough!) Say a prayer for safe travels for them as they're in the River Valley where the roads are bad. And say a prayer for comfort for Trevor D!
4 comments:
That Nicholas John! What are we going to do with (TO) him? He thinks he is clever. Just wait until Evan is old enough to drive the car and kiss the girls! I'll have to remind him of some of things!
I hope the weather doesn't keep you from having your recitals. You may have to reschedule the Disney trip so you can have them next week. Sob, sob.
Love, Meme
p.s. I think I'll give Evan a real gerbil for Christmas!
You mom is funny!
I know 2 degrees all too well around here, lol! It sucks! But, when it's that cold, normally it's too cold to snow, so I'll take that! We just had our first "snow" storm and 2 more headed this way before next week! Oh FUN!
LOL at the gerbil story! I could totally picture you the scene and all the laughing. How fun!
Hope that the entire family is well by Friday!
Post a Comment