
This weekend was full of it-the good stuff, that is. We woke up on Saturday morning with nothing planned. That doesn't happen to us much. Usually, we have a plan for every minute of the day, but that wasn't the case this week. Nick sat down to read his paper and noticed the Bentonville Christmas parade was this week. We still had plenty of time to get there, too. So we loaded up and headed into town for Evan and Annabeth's FIRST ever Christmas parade. It was COLD, so we bundled up the kids and off we went. We got parked and walked over to see all the fun on the square. They had camel rides and pony ride
s (neither of which my kids wanted to do!), lots of lights (not that we could see any of them since it was mid-day!) and some festive music. They had a Nathan's Hot Dog stand where we all got an early lunch. Hot dogs for Nick, Evan and I and some Nachos for Annabeth! We all had some yummy hot chocolate to help keep us warm. It was so magical to watch Annabeth. Every passing float provided an "awwww" or a "wow, cool!" from her. Evan was pretty bored, really. He waved at everyone, but it just didn't hold his attention like I had hoped. I guess by the time everyone got to us, they had tossed all their candy so we got a handful and that was it. Santa was forever getting to us, too. He was float #80 and my kids were done by float #60! HA! We did manage to wait it out and got a glimpse of Santa and Mrs. Claus. Evan was a little moved by that! lol
Then today was Evan's church Christmas Program. Evan's class perfermed two songs and he did so well! We were pleased he didn't pick his nose or make a scene up on stage. And he looked so handsome. So big. He made Nick and I so very proud. I uploaded a video clip from this morning. He was wonderful! What a special memory!
Then after church today, I snapped this photo of the two of them together. It's so fitting of who they really are. Just a precious shot!
4 comments:
Loved seeing Evan in his first program!
Your kids are so cute! I love Nathan's hot dogs.
Awww! What an awesome, fun-filled, family time weekend!
You take such good pictures. I could not hear the singing 'cause that thing that plays when your blog is on.
Post a Comment