Friday, December 12, 2008

The Christmas Spirit is upon me!

This morning was Evan's Kindergarten field trip. The whole Kindergarten (I think I heard someone say 170 of them!) went Christmas Caroling to a few of the local businesses. The children had been practicing for weeks on the songs and movements and they all did so wonderful. They visited the school office, our two banks, the grocery store, the nursing home and then ended at the Superintendent's office. I was so happy to be able to be there and be a part of it. I took tons of photos, but only got a few good shots of Evan. He's pretty short in comparison to some of the other kids and they were so crammed in those small spaces it made it difficult to get good photos. I managed a little video, too.
Here is the whole group! Man, I was wishing for my wide-angle lens!

I felt like Santa hauling in all the gifts we needed to deliver today. I was glad to get the pile of gift bags out of my bedroom floor and delivered to the deserving people at Evan's school. I can finally share some the crafty things I'd been working on here, too. I made my first attempt at making my own ornaments this year. I really didn't know what I was doing, but I tried anyway and seem to get pretty good results. I'll definitely be trying again next year!

This set was for Mrs. Kennemer:
I used the rolled paper technique. It took tons of time, but boy was I pleased with them. I used some rubons for the decor on the fronts and ribbon for the ties. I called them my "candy shop" ornaments:

I gave this set to my dear friend, Meagan. I used ribbon for the ties and the "stuffing" is kinda like Easter grass-only translucent and pretty! I used blingy snowflakes to decorate them. I actually wanted to keep this set for me! :) I did have a slight problem with them, though. They were originally a set of 4. But right after I finished them all, Annabeth broke one. I had no idea how to fix that problem, as I didn't want to give her box with 4 spots, but only 3 ornaments! So I went on a search for things I had here I could put them in and found this tin I been saving for just such an occasion. I added ribbon to the handle and covered the front and back with some yummy Basic Grey paper and viola! It's a safe way to store them and cute, too! I called this set "Let It Snow!"
Happy Friday, everyone! Only 7 days until we leave for Disney!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am in awe of your craftiness! Wish we lived close.

Kathy said...

You are soooo talented!!!!

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.