I caught Evan and Annabeth in a sweet game of ring-around-the-rosie a day or two ago. I happen to have my camera near me. Normally, when something so cute arises, I have to run get my camera and by the time I get it and get back, the sweetness is over! lol Anyway, Annabeth couldn't get enough of holding hands with Evan and turning in circles while he sang to her. I can't wait for this scrapbook page. 






Then on to our playdate yesterday at the Drive-Thru Zoo. In the little town of Gentry, about 45 minutes from Pea Ridge, is a Drive-thru Safari. The kind where you stay in your car with your windows up! I've never been in one before yesterday, so the only thing I could expect was what the locals had told me. (hence the "crazy zoo" title) It was interesting for sure.
We met our friends at Starbucks at 9 am and all loaded in the van to ride together. I drove since Annabeth's car seat doesn't come out of the car and it's just easier for Timeni and her kids to ride with us. Thank goodness for easy! We had good adult conversation (something we rarely get, even on play dates) on the drive over and the kids watched a movie in the back seat. Only asking 5 or 10 times if we were there yet! hahaha
It was a little pricey. It cost Evan and I $15 to get in total and Annabeth was free, but seriously, that's a lot! The safari is 5 miles long and the dirt road could be pretty rough at spots. The kids really liked it and I was impressed with the huge variety of animals they have. They had zebras, lions, tigers, a rhino, alligators, wallabies, antelope, camels, deer (TONS!), all kinds of monkeys and lots more. All of the dangerous animals were caged, of course, but Timeni and I kinda struggled with seeing so many animals in cages that seemed too small for them. Overall, it was a good experience and I got some cool shots. I'm not sure if I'd do it again or not. It's a maybe.





We ended last night by Evan and I going to the Vacation Bible School at our church. I'm not sure I'll take him again as it wasn't over til nearly 9 pm and that was when I pulled him out. I was watching the closing and saw him kinda spacing off and fading in and out. I decided he had had enough fun for one day and we headed home. I haven't decided yet if we're going back tonight. I know he'll love it, but it really wears on us both. I'll think about it, I guess!
Happy Hump Day!
2 comments:
great pics!!!!! what a busy day.
Sounds like fun. You could enjoy adult conversdation if you came to see your Mom. Love MOM
Post a Comment