

Then on Sunday, we got up and headed to church. We had missed 2 weeks in a row (the first one for illness and then for vacation), but the kids did fine. And we were missed. Everyone noticed we were gone and were glad we were back. We got out a little later than usual, but that's ok. I was moved to volunteer in the children's department (for VBS and as an alternate helper in Evan's Sunday School class) and had to meet with the right people. They played a video in the service that morning that really touched me about how we're losing the youth of today...scares me to death since my kids are on the young end of the spectrum!
I had already told Nick that we were doing the water slide after church. The weather was great and we hadn't even brought it out yet this year, so I couldn't wait any longer. So we got Annabeth some lunch and put her down for her nap and headed out to grill up some steaks and put up the slide. Nick manned the grill and I boiled up some corn-on-the-cob and made baked potatoes. It was all so yummy! We all ate too much, too fast so we could get out to the water slide. Evan was in it first and didn't even care that the water was cold. I decided to dive on it, too. Besides, my word of the year is LIVE. I needed to do it! I wanted to do it and it was a blast. After much begging from Evan and me, Nick got in, too. It felt like we should be celebrating something for the afternoon we had. The perfect meal, the perfect weather, the perfect fun day in the sun. I APPRECIATE every second we had together this weekend! I'm sore this morning (as is Nick) from all the climbing and diving onto our tummies, but it was worth it! We had a great time, and Evan shocked me when he blurted out: "It's Summer time, baby!" Well said, little man!


3 comments:
love the water slide pics! that's great! good for you and I know what you mean about those picture perfect moments. yay!
I hope the storm wasn't too bad. We had a busy weekend (especially for us). Saturday evening Uncle darrell and Keith came. Mom, Dad and all the Pattons came for dinner. they left about 10. Waaay past my bedtime. Sunday we went to see Tim's brother. Doesn't compare to the water slide! Did Annabeth get to play at all?
Tell Evan Grandma found a place that was not "sold out" of kids Bible's. I am mailing it Tuesday! I see daddy wore a hat in the water:-)
Post a Comment