Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Christmas in July!

Did you know today was Christmas in July? I had totally forgot, but I got an email this morning from QVC (I love that place!) reminding me about their big sale for Christmas is July. I switched the TV on to see what they had in store for the day. I have no intention to buy anything, but I just love the spirit of Christmas so much, that a little preview in the heat of Summer is so uplifting. I have to admit, I was tempted. They had the 25th Anniversary ORIGINAL Cabbage Patch Kids. Just like the one I had (and still have) when I was little. I kinda wanted to pick that up for Annabeth, but didn't. Trying to save money in this world is so hard! lol


Our friend Troy came by last night to install our new ceiling fan. It looks great and the air it puts out is amazing. I'm so thankful to him for coming. I had to send Nick to buy light bulbs cause this new fan only takes those tiny "B" light bulbs. I should've looked closer at that when I bought it!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh yeah! So glad your new fan got installed, woohoo!

WTG for curbing temptation on the Cabbage Patch Kid dolls. I have 4 in storage at my in-laws. That reminds me, I need to email MIL and ask her to bring when they come see us next month!

Every time you are tempted to buy something extra, just think if having it is worth more than Disney!

Mom said...

I'll send you my Christmas list. You know I have to have help this year. Plus I want a reallly great gift!

Kelly said...

I got the email about their Christmas in July and was tempted too, but never got a chance to check it out, probably a good thing, lol. Sure is nice to get some good shopping done early too for the holidays. I found shirts 3 for the price of 1 at Aeropstale last week for Z. I love the deals. Great job holding back, that must have been hard!