Today was Annabeth's two-year check-up. Her appointment was at 8:40 am in Fayetteville which meant we had leave the house early anyway, but yesterday my Mom surprised us with a visit, so she and I wanted to hit up Kohl's before the appointment. We left here by 7:45. That only gave us like 10 minutes in Kohl's and that simply wasn't enough. I was literally running out the door to get the kids in the car and strapped in to make the drive to the Dr's office. We were only about 3 minutes late. Not too bad and I was happy we made it. We saw Dr. Davis, who I LOVE, and it all went well. Dr. Davis is always so good with Annabeth and she seems so very comfortable with him. She has seen Dr. Meyers since she was born and now, Dr. Myers is no longer with the clinic.
Anyhoo....
On the way to the Dr's Office from Kohl's, Evan gave a little FAKE cough. I turned and looked at him, wondering what that was all about. He said "I think I have a bad case of the coughs! I think I need to see the doctor, too." Ha! He has been telling Nick and I he felt a little sick for the last two days. After he found out Annabeth had an appointment. We just laughed and told him we'd be sure to tell Dr. Davis and sign him up for a couple shots to make him feel better. Amazingly, he was better instantly!
Dr. Davis said Annabeth looked great. She's growing just like she needs to be and she got tons of awwwwws as she walked through the office like she was a big girl now. She got to stand on the big scale and weighed 24 pounds. She also got to stand up to be measured and is 34 inches tall. She's staying consistent and pretty healthy and they're happy with that. Everything looked great. Dr. Davis said she checked out perfectly. He also doted on her adorable pigtails! ha!
While we waited for our turn with the shot girls, we heard the baby next door getting his/her shots. Of course, I was the only one who knew what was happening behind the wall. Annabeth got all quiet and listened closely to the poor little thing. All of the sudden, she said the sweetest thing. "Don't cry. It's ok, baby." Awwww. I just smiled at her and told her that baby would be ok and it was sweet of her to be worried. She's such a doll!

She had 3 shots. Yikes. I kinda expected smooth sailing since that's what we've gotten each time before, but not this time. The girls came in for the shots and each one poked one of her little legs at the same time. That was shot #1 & #2. Easy, peasey! Annabeth gave out a little "ouwwwch" and that was it. Then shot #3. Total meltdown! They told me it would probably hurt her, but she's always been so tough. To hear my little girl FREAK out was hard for me! I scooped her up and she held on tight, screaming her lungs out. Evan then had a sweet moment of his own. He reached up and patted her back and told her it was going to be ok. The nurses both just melted. One said to the other "Did you hear that? He told her it wold be ok!" It was so sweet.
We skipped the much needed grocery store trip afterwards since Annabeth had had such a hard time and headed home. She's fine so far this afternoon. I just hope she still feels good tomorrow. I'll be loading her up with Tylenol/Motrin for the rest of the day just to help with the soreness and low-grade fever. I know she must feel like dirt!
I called and scheduled her 2 year portraits for tomorrow, Friday @ 3 pm. I need to have them done quickly so I can get her thank-yous in the mail! Just so you all know what the delay is!
2 comments:
Aww poor baby with the shots. I hate shots. Necessary evil.
Sounds like she is growing great! Her and Evan are so sweet together!
Have missed talking with ya this week. Getting ready to update my blog.
If Meme had been there, she probably would not have cried at all! She loves ME! That is a cute picture with the bandaids. I also notice a pacifer....
Post a Comment