Monday, July 28, 2008

It's Monday Already!

What a weekend we had! On Saturday, we got up and out of the house early to hit up Wal-Mart and a couple other places. We had to stop at the post office, then drop off our recyclables, too. We shopped for the things we would need for Sunday afternoon as we were having some friends over for a cookout and some water slide fun! We picked up a few school supplies to "fill the bus" and let Evan go up into the bus to sort them. He thought that was especially cool since he'll be a big Kindergartner in a few short weeks!

We came home and mowed the back yard in the nearly 100 degree heat! Ugh! I could have done without that, but it needed done and it was only going to get hotter as the day went on. I'll admit I had to hose myself down a couple of times to keep from over-heating! Dangerous, I tell ya!
Once we were cooled off, Nick played some XBox while I scrapped. I'm still behind for the month, but I finished two more layouts and I LOVE them both!


We spent the rest of the afternoon getting the house picked up. I did laundry and prepped some of the food for the next day. Then Nick and I watched a movie together.
On Sunday morning, we headed to church. I had volunteered to be a helper in Evan's class and it was my week to do that. So I spent the first part of the morning in his class with him. Much to my surprise, I ended up in front of the children's church leading them in song! I could have died. The children's church worker wasn't there so Evan's teacher and I had to do the singing. That was NOT part of my deal! lol Lucky for me, I knew the first song and for the most part, the piano drowned out the voices! But that second one....I had never heard it before. And you know they do hand motions for EVERYTHING in children's church and I didn't know those either. *sigh I did my best to follow along the time through, and by the second time, I could do it easily. I'm glad that's over and I don't have to do it again for 8 weeks or so. I am signed up to help with VBS this week so I'll be staying busy!

Then after lunch and nap time, it was time for Timeni and her family to arrive. We had the water slide out and that was tons of fun! Nick grilled burgers, chicken and hot dogs and I got all the fixins ready; Corn-on-the-cob, baked beans, roasted potatoes and cookies! We had a good dinner and a really nice visit. I was so happy Nick and Troy hit it off, too! I'm babysitting for Timeni this week on Wednesday as pay back for her sitting for us on our Anniversary! Here are some pictures of our water sliding!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

What great pics - the colors are just so crisp and clear. Glad you had such a nice weekend!!

Scrappy Gal said...

I love that slide! Looks like the kids really enjoy it too!

Kathy said...

They are the cutest children on this earth!

Mom said...

Do you have pics of u & Nick on the slide? I love the blk & wht pic of Evan and Annabeth on the slide. When are you going to upload pics to me? I haven't seen any in forever. Miss you!

Linda said...

Love the waterslide pictures.