Gees! I guess it never ends. Yesterday morning I went to let the dogs out into the back yard and noticed a missing fence plank. Ugh. No big deal, right. I just knew I had to go out and fix it before I could let my dogs outside or they would escape into the neighbor's back yard. So I go out and reach through the fence and pull the plank through the opening. I was thinking to myself that I needed to hurry before the back-door-neighbor let their dog out. They have a 75 lb (at least!) bull dog. A big fat thing. Friendly as can be, but still pretty big and doesn't listen worth a darn! So as I pull the plank through, I look up and there is that dog staring me in the face. I jumped up and kinda gasped out loud as I wasn't expecting it and all the sudden, that fat thing squeezed through the fence and into our back yard. GREAT!!! Now what? I call for him to come to no avail so I go in and get the key to the back gate hoping when I open it, he'll scoot back through. As I get the gate open, it literally falls apart. Right off the hinges and is hanging on by a thread. I was on the phone with Nick and he tells me to go knock on the back door of the neighbor's house and ask him to get his dog. So I do. Mark (the neighbor) comes over and drags the dog back into his yard and takes it inside so I can fix the hole in the fence. I put up a new plank and very carefully close the back gate and come inside.
I called Nick and told him the bad news about the fence. He said to go ahead and call and get some estimates to have the fence fixed (ie. torn down and rebuilt on our actual property line) plus the front gate is in need of something. It's also falling apart and only opens far enough to walk through it and that's about it. It's sad and I'm sad cause I know what that means. It'll be hard to recoup that chunk of change for our Disney trip. Anyway.....
I called and got 4 estimates. They had a $500 range from the lowest to the highest. Seriously. Can we say price-gouging? We are going with the lowest and the owner of the company is supposed to call me tonight and we'll work out the details. I do know we'll be without a fence for 2-3 days and that he's booked 2 weeks out. Hopefully the whole dang thing doesn't fall before then! lol
I also noticed yesterday the ceiling fan in our bedroom was making a strange noise. It was still working, but sounded like running water if that makes any sense. It made Nick and I both uneasy so we left it off last night. OMG I about died. I need that fan at night. I didn't get hardly any sleep so today I started asking Nick when we could get that fixed. He said go buy a fan and we'll have it installed the next time my mom comes. Nick nor I have ever done that before and I don't feel good about it, so when I mentioned to my friend Timeni this morning, she said she'd have her husband stop by TODAY after work and take down the old one and install the new one! Yippee!! That just meant I had to go today and buy a fan.
Evan had speech therapy this morning so I dropped him off and headed down the street to Lowe's to pick out a fan. That was an experience. I found one I liked and headed back to pick up Evan. We had a play date planned with Timeni at JumpZone so we did that for about 45 minutes before the place filled up and we left and headed to the Splash Park. 30 minutes later, we were all totally exhausted and HOT! So we came home for naps. It was a fun morning and I'm so excited for Troy to get here and get the new fan installed! It'll be an early bedtime for me!
It seems to always be something that you didn't expect to have to fork out money for. Blah!
2 comments:
Boy do I know the feeling about it's always something extra to pay for, like we talked about. I know the smart thing is to budget for the unexpected, but it is hard enough to budget for the expected, LOL!!!!!!!
Hope the fan got installed and you had a nice, restful night!
Thank you Troy!!!!!!!
Post a Comment