Well, tomorrow is the day. We leave in the morning bright and early for Iowa. I spent this morning running around crazy busy. Evan had speech therapy at 8:15 am. I drove him in and dropped him and headed to Wal-Mart for a few things. I only had an hour and that included the driving time there and back, so I had to hurry. I wanted to be sure to be back when Evan was finished and him not have to wait on me. From there, I swung in the gas station to fill up the tank so we don't have to do that in the morning. The sign said $3.85 and I sighed because I knew it was $3.80 one exit back, but it wasn't worth turning around. I pulled on in and got out and just before I swiped my card, I saw the read out. Only $3.79! Yippee. Glad I didn't turn around!
After the tank was full I headed back to Pea Ridge. I wanted to drive through the car wash vacuums and give the back seat a quick pick-me-up. I put in my last two quarters and nothing! The dang thing took my money and didn't work! I should have known better. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone at that car wash, and why I thought it should work is beyond me! lol I came on home and grabbed our recycle bins and took them over the recycle center. That's always a chore since we have to sort every single item. I just didn't want it sitting in the garage if it didn't have to.
I had two loads of laundry to do and had the last one in the dryer by lunch time. I was hoping Nick would call me and say he was coming home early and we'd leave this afternoon. But that didn't happen. I put Annabeth down for her nap and starting packing. I had got out clothes for the kids this morning so I didn't have to disturb Annabeth and I think I'm finally finished. I even have all her wrapped presents loaded in the car. We'll celebrate her "actual" birthday on Saturday while visiting our family in Iowa. We're really looking forward to it!
Evan is especially excited. He's been counting down the days since Saturday and is so thrilled the day is finally here. We'll put both kids to bed early tonight in hopes of a good night's rest. Annabeth never naps in the car, so I'll need her to be halfway rested for our car ride tomorrow. Plus, the earlier they get up, the earlier we'll get out of here in the morning. I just know we'll leave by 8 am. No later! I'll load the car tonight (minus the toiletries we'll need in the morning and the clothes I already have laid out for all of us.
I'm not sure of our plans while we're there. I know tomorrow will be a travel day and not much else. I think on Friday, Nick wants drive to Des Moines and visit the zoo and/or science museum. Then I hope to be in Pella for their afternoon parade! Evan has NEVER been to a parade and I know he'd love it! Maybe we'll find some place in Osky to watch fireworks, too. It is July 4th after all. Saturday is still up in the air and we'll travel home on Sunday.
I hope everyone has a safe, fabulous 4th of July!
4 comments:
You guys are some traveling fools huh? Have fun and drive safe! I can't wait to see pics of all the fun you guys are going to have!!
Drive safe and Happy 4th of July!!!
Remind Nick of how much work it was to get ready for this trip and that the next trip should be to see your MOTHER!
Have a good time, Ginger. Safe travels to you all.
Post a Comment