Saturday, November 1, 2008

October 31, 2008.

I'll start with Halloween day at school. Evan had his K Fall party and of course, I had to be there. I had brought home all the candy that had been turned in by Thursday morning to bag up for Mrs. K. It took me over 3 hours and after I was done, I put the baggies in a big Wal-Mart bag and got on the scale. Just the 21 bags of candy for the kids weighed 23 pounds! Holy Cow! I was also in charge of games and a craft for the kiddos. I did ghost suckers and bagged the "kits" all up for the kids to do during the party. They loved it! When I got to the party on Friday afternoon, there was tons more candy. Mrs. K has a class full of over-achieving moms! I weighed the bag Evan brought home that was filled with candy and novelties and it weighed 2.2 pounds! Oh, gees! We went outside to do the games I had brought, which was "pumpkin over-under" and "ring the pumpkin". All the kids had a great time cheering for their classmates and I let them pick a prize at the end. It really was fun. They had to cram their whole party into about 35 minutes, but it was FUN! I'm already marking my calendar for the Christmas things they have coming up! :)


This year, we started a new tradition! We ordered pizza on Halloween Eve and all settled in front of the TV to watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown". We had recorded it several days before and enjoyed sitting in the living room together watching TV and having our dinner. Then on Halloween night, we had leftover pizza and went right out for trick-or-treating. I love that I get two nights off from cooking and that it's quick and easy dinner for two very exciting nights!

So, I tried to get Annabeth to wear her Bo Peep costume. I got out both costumes and held it up for her to see. She immediately took off running and screamed like it would kill her to wear that pink, fluffy costume, so I gave it up and put her back into her pumpkin costume. I did mix it up a bit and put a pigtail on the top of her hair and tied a ribbon for a "stem and leaves". She looked adorable-even without Bo Peep! :(

Evan loved his dinosaur costume. He was excited and ready to go when it was time and looked great! Neither of them cooperated much for photos, but I did my best!


We did accidentally find his Principal's house and a few scary ones, but it was a great time. There was this one house who had one of those giant inflatable things in the yard, tons of spider webs and scary music. When the lady opened the door, she was in full alien costume, face mask and all! Evan gasped out loud and covered his face and WHISPERED "trick-or-treat". It was priceless! Annabeth just stood back and moved slow. You could tell she was concerned, but she really wanted the candy! She caught on quickly and we're so glad we did it! Evan's favorite part was handing out candy from home after we got done ourselves.

I'm happy to say good-bye to October! I did a lot of LAUGHING these past few days and boy, did I need that!? I'm ready for November and all it has to offer. Make note of my new, favorite quote and November's calendar of events (it's much shorter this month!!). I will CHERISH November and the fact that I have all of you in my life, too! :)

4 comments:

Scrappy Gal said...

Great pictures...they don't always have to cooperate...they sure do look cute though!

Kelly said...

They were adorable for Halloween!

Mom said...

I love the dinosaur costume! It is too cute! I bet Evan got lots of ohhhhhhs and ahhhhhhs!

That was a perfect costume for Annabeth. Let's hope she likes BoPeep next year!

The red hair is the perfect color!
Say NO to drugs!

Stephanie said...

great pics!!